When life hands you lemons, throw a super adorable party! Brooke Pratt of Sucre Shop did just that with this Cute Pink & Yellow Lemonade Stand for her daughter Margot’s 5th birthday. I love the sweet pink & yellow color palette, which the birthday girl matches perfectly, and that mom and dad came together to build the perfect pint-sized lemonade stand. As an added bonus — Margot can use the stand again in the summer! Find more lemonade party inspiration here, here and here.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Little wooden tokens for the guests to trade for lemonade + homemade pink & white striped cookies
– Lemonade-flavored cookie sandwiches & a pink velvet sprinkle-covered birthday cake
– Handwritten lemon printables, pink & yellow paper goods and plenty of kid-sized painted chairs
PARTY DETAILS as told by Brooke…
For my daughter’s 5th birthday, my husband built a lemonade stand and I sewed the canopy. We had vintage props, like painted kids chairs and crates to hold accessories on the food table.
To get their lemonade, kids had to “pay” with wooden coins, which were made to match with the party’s colors.
To keep things simple and sweet, I hand-wrote the signs, which were displayed with lemons. It was a beautiful day, but we were prepared for unseasonably hot weather, so we made fans that said “Margot’s Lemonade Stand” for guests to use and take with them.
We decided on a pink velvet sprinkle cake, which we had made at the local bakery, and also lemonade sammies which were just divine. I used a sugar cookie recipe and colored and layered it to make the pink and white striped cookies (recipe via Sprinkle Bakes). We also had a snack station, where guests could scoops their treats into sweet bags.
For goodie bags, guests brought home an assortment of party favors including magnets that say “when life hands you lemons, make lemonade!”
– Vintage chairs and accessories: Finch Vintage Rentals
– Photography: J. Pollack Photo
– Sprinkle cake and lemonade sammies: Pint Size Bakery
– Forks, scoops and coins: Sucre Shop
– Cups and straws: Sucre Shop