We may be in the heart of winter, but this Romantic & Fresh Cameo Bridal Shower by Katherine Veitschegger warms me right up! I love the feminine colors, use of cameos, and all-around vibe of Southern charm. And since Katherine and the bride-to-be Rachel are both originally from Kentucky, she paid homage to their roots by including Mint Julep cups in the gorgeous centerpieces and guest party favors. Gotta love those personal touches! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look for:
- Simple and elegant coconut cake with Cameo silhouette topper
- Super cute swan place card holders & decorative figurines (love that bow-tie!)
- Pretty vintage-floral paper straws + hydrangea & peony centerpieces
- Adorable childhood photos of the bride featured in the party favors
PARTY DETAILS as told by Katherine…
This latest shower was planned in Northern Maine and held in Gallatin, Tennessee for my sister-in-law Rachel who lives in Bend, Oregon. Though the entire event was planned from afar, the theme of the shower was Southern in nature, featuring all things cameo including invitations, thank-you notes, a cake topper, and cookie favors.
Since the bride and I both hail from Kentucky, I wanted to pay homage to the mint julep by incorporating the mint julep glass as a vase. It was in these vases that I put together very girly arrangements of pink peony flowers, white hydrangea blooms, and little green hyperium berries.
Guests were also given mini mint julep cups filled with sweet pink almonds and a postcard featuring “little” Rachel images. I also love swans and I found the perfect little table numbers that made many of our guests smile, and the sweetest moment had to be sharing a delicious coconut cake with the bride-to-be.
- Cameo Cookies: Cookies with Character
- Coconut Cake: Patty Cakes
- Table Linens: Close to Custom Linens and Anthropologie
- Flowers: Rebel Hill Florist
- Photography: Amanda Kay Brown
- Invitations and printed materials: Suite Paperie
- Cake Topper: Simply Silhouettes
- Swan table numbers: BHLDN
- Venue: The Club at Fairvue Plantation