With help from party stylist Gideon Hermosa, Marie Claire put together an AMAZING Lalaloopsy Inspired “Cute as a Button” 1st Birthday Party for her adorable daughter, Anika. This theme has become especially popular lately, and it’s easy to see why! I absolutely adore the crafty details pictured here — from the yarn ball and spool of thread centerpieces (so clever to use the spools as flower holders!), to the insanely creative paper plate “buttons” featured in the party garlands and homemade Instagram Photo Booth. In a nutshell, everything is just SEW stinking cute. :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Personalized “embroidered” birthday party hats with playful yarn & button toppers
– DIY button & embroidered clouds backdrop + fantastic handmade ANIKA letters
– The cutest little spool of thread cake pops & sewing inspired cupcakes (love that pincushion!)
– Cute as a button birthday cake with fondant buttons + Lalaloopsy cake topper
PARTY DETAILS as told by Marie…
For Anika’s Lalaloopsy-inspired “Cute as a Button” 1st birthday party, we decided to emphasize more on the button elements or anything that involves sewing :)
There were lots of fun DIYs in this party done by the stylist Gideon Hermosa:
1. The Button Garlands were made of styrofoam plates painted in pastel colors and threaded with ribbons. We used these in the ceiling decor, stage backdrop, photo booth backdrop and dessert table backdrop.
2. Party hats for the kids were customized with embroidered names.
3. Pastel wreaths hung on the dessert buffet.
4. A Quilted tablecloth was used at the dessert table.
5. Letter-shaped cushions spelling “Anika” were displayed at the Milestone Corner.
Some DIY stuff that I made :)
1. Button straws
2. Spool of thread label holders
3. I used a Hoolahoop as a photo display for Anika’s pictures throughout her 1st year
4. The Instagram frame that was used in the photo booth was made of foam boards :)
– Stylist: Gideon Hermosa
– Invitation, labels, signs & tags: Cherry_Gaby
– Cake: Daryl Versola-Alderite
– Cakepops: Cute Cakepops Singapore
– Cupcakes: Cake Avenue Singapore
– Candy Machine Favors: Artkits Philippines
– Photographer: Lem Apigo Photography, Shing Rheberg, Darwin Lucena, Paul Eric Reodique, Kat Mendoza
– Videographer: Jayjay Nicolasora