Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines… because we’re off to the races with this fabulous Diner Style Race Car First Birthday from Nikka Morell of Triple M Good Parties! Nikka used budget-friendly ideas and DIYed like crazy to make this first birthday party a raging success – from super cool racing themed “gumball machines” to sleek & creative wall decor. And of course she served up some fan favorites to munch on… because no diner style party would be complete without crinkled french fries, GRILLed cheese, and ice cream sundaes! YUM.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS too look out for:
– DIY racing themed gumball machines (upside down terra cotta pots covered with fabric)
– DIY treat trays “prettied up” with spray paint, tissue paper and wooden knob “legs”
– Bright red tissue paper “1” + framed Hot Wheels race car wall art (so clever!)
– Yarn-wrapped vases + a vintage popcorn machine and awesome retro drink dispenser
PARTY DETAILS as told by Nikka…
This is a total DIY party. I jazzed up some boring trays with a can of spray paint and glued some wooden knobs on the bottom to give them some height. I then lined them with the black and white check paper to compliment the party. The bigger pedestals are wood candle sticks and the smaller ones are old glass candle sticks from The Goodwill, with a small piece of wood on top.
The candy jars are my favorite so far! I used some modge podge to glue the fabric on terra cotta pots and then topped them off with a muscle car. I also glued some muscle cars to some card stock paper and placed them in black frames. The flower vases are old Starbucks bottles wrapped in color coordinated yarn.
I wanted Zane’s party to shout that he was in fact turning 1! I wrapped a bunch canvas frames with fabric then glued some tissue paper on to make a 1 and give it some texture. I also wrapped some canvas frames in paper and then glued painted wood 1′s on.
To bring the diner feel into the party, I used a vintage straw dispenser, a short napkin holder, some tall acrylic ice cream dishes and real black french fry holders. My old school looking popcorn machine fit perfect with the party. Zane turned 1….we all knew it…Zane had the best day!
– All party decorations and planning: Triple M Good Parties
– Cake, cupcakes: Triple M Good Parties
– Photography: Tetuan Photography
– Cookies: The Cookie Jar
– Printables: Blue Egg Events and Design