This party makes all of us at Hostess soo HAPPY! Mommy & photographer Ardita Kola Photography purchased the Little Sailor Collection from HWTM a couple months back for her birthday boy Jake. We are over the moon and flat out impressed with her Super Cute Little Sailor Party… so much so that we’re giving her a $50 credit to spend in our new printed shop, Hostess Ink! She beautifully crafted the centerpieces, flawlessly styled the dessert table, and Sophisticakes made an amazing cake. Thank you for sharing your pictures Ardita, you totally rocked it!!
P.S. Find all the FREE Printables on Potterybarn Kids here, the custom printed versions at Hostess Ink. here and the custom printables in our Etsy shop here! And see our blog post using this collection here.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Anchor & “1st Voyage” Banners, “Captain Jake” Drink Flags and “Dive Right In” Drink Table Sign
– DIY Lifesaver Candy Cups and “Catch of the Day” Favors
– Fishnet Decoration, Blue Wrapping Paper Table Runners & Sand Filled Centerpieces
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Ardita…
We had such a great time putting this party together for our son’s first birthday. Even my 3 year old daughter got involved and wanted to help like the big sister that she is. It all started with the party design I saw on the Pottery Barn website and quickly proceeded to finding and ordering all the party printable from the HWTM Etsy shop.
We covered the tables with gold table covers, blue wrapping paper, and decorative net. For the centerpieces we used glassware from Michaels filled with sand and decorated with washi tape and party flags. For the drinks table i found these really cool mason jar beverage dispensers at Target and made punch for the kids and apple martinis for the adults. Combined with the boat cups and the cute straws the table was a big hits with guests of all ages.
The dessert table had everyone raving about all the details. My favorite item that i made from the dessert table had to be the little lifesaver cups. They were so easy to make and such an awesome little detail. I also made cupcakes for the first time ever, frosting and all… The team at Sophisticakes did a fantastic job with the cake and it was super delicious too.
The little ones got to take home a bag with the “Catch of the day” graham cracker fish as well as party bag filled with sweets and little toys from the pinata.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Photography & Styling: Ardita Kola Photography
– Party Printables: Hostess INK by Hostess with the Mostess
– Frames and Glassware: Michaels
– Table Covers, Favor Bags, Candy, Balloons: Party City
– Beverage Dispensers: Target
– Cake: Sophisticakes
– Paper Straws: 5MCreations
– Washi Tape: PrettyTape
– Chalkboard Birthday Sign: PinkPoppyDesign
– Wrapping Paper: The Container Store