Hey all you amazing party planners, it’s Jen, your favorite Orange County family photographer. On this cool fall morning, I’m dreaming of summer (I’m a California native, and you know how we’re spoiled and all, hehe). So I thought why not take it back to this past summer, with an adorable Little Sailor Girl First Birthday Party at a beach house? …Enjoy ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Carboard “Ship” Photo Booth Set (on the beach!)
– Sailboat Cake Pops + Crafted Paper Sailboat Dessert Table Backdrop
– Nautical High Chair Silhouette Banner, Chalkboard Signs & Wooden Sailboat Decorating
I arrive at the event. A perfect house on the beach, with brown shingles, and everything. Every. Single. Detail. Little sailor girl, to a tee. The most important detail of course, the darling birthday girl with her porcelain doll skin, brown locks, and the best sailor girl outfit ever made!
This mama is a party planner at heart. Every idea & detail was perfect, I was impressed! Here’s what Elise had to say about her little gal’s first birthday party:
September is hot! So when planning this party, we wanted it to be somewhere cool, no cooler place than the beach. The inspiration for the nautical theme came from the sailboats from Paper Source, which served as the background for the party. No beach/nautical party is complete without a sandcastle station, and make your own kite and sailboat station for the kids.
A talented friend, Sandy Walker, custom designed the cake pops, cookies and Oreo pops for the dessert station. My sister made the sailboat photo prop, and most of the other details where DIY.
Everyone had a blast celebrating Kendall. Newport Beach, CA was the perfect backdrop for the party!
– Photography: Jen CYK Photography
– Sailboat Piñata: Whack Pinateria
– Invitations & Water Bottle Printables: Freshmint Paperie
– Sailboat & Garland: Paper Source
– Sippy Cups & Tableware: Sweet Shop Lulu
– Favor Bags & Wooden Sailboats For Craft Table: Oriental Trading
– Kite Kits: Kites in the Sky
– Girls Hair Clips: Jella Bee
– Girl’s Outfits: La Petite Couture
– Cake Pops, Sugar Cookies & Oreo Pops: Sandy Walker (Buena Park Ca)
– Mini Tarts & Cupcakes: Sweet and Saucy Shop