I am downright in love with this dreamboat of a baby shower… it’s like a party and a tropical vacation all wrapped into one! ;) Jennifer Shah of The Pear – Event Styling & Planning managed to catch the perfect wave of gorgeous-meets-playful in this intimate Surfing Themed Baby Shower that she styled up for Lori and baby Lawson. From tropical textures and surf gear to bold chiavari chairs, the overall vibe feels both delightfully chic and super chill. I’m also loving the adorable custom printed beach totes that each guest received, which came in especially handy at the “Surf Shack” themed favor station!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Pretty Blue Ombre Cake + adorable Surfboard Sugar Cookies on sticks
- The Guest of Honor’s Chair all decked out with a stunning Tropical Lei
- Custom-built Surf Shack filled with favors + pint sized surfer gear for baby Lawson!
- The cutest Mason Jar Drink Glasses embellished with grosgrain ribbon & burlap
- Wooden Beach Signs with sentimental messages + Chalkboard Surfboard Welcome Sign
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jennifer…
To celebrate baby Lawson, Lori knew she wanted an intimate “sprinkle” with close family and friends. She and husband Pat loved the idea of their little surfer boy coming soon and so the theme was set: “There’s a Baby on Board!” — a surfboard that is.
LAWSON’S SURF SHACK
Lawson’s custom Surf Shack was built by That’s A Good Sign. The shack displayed delicious treats including Pineapple Up-Side Down Cake in mason jars, Lori’s favorite cookies in the shapes of surfboards and swim trunks from A Cookie Jar, decadent macarons by The Sugar Monkey, fruit skewers, pop-corn and plantain chips.
The top shelf was decorated with gifts for Lawson including baby sun block, Reef flip-flops, beach towels, a beach ball and personalized sand pails for both Lawson and his big brother Parker. On the side of the shack hung swim trunks, shorts, goggles, flip-flops and an adorable fedora to start off baby Lawson’s beach wear collection. The Shack of course also advised on the water conditions and a chevron surfboard saying “BABY” leaned up on the Shack to carry through the theme.
As the favor, each guest was given a personalized beach bag, along with a note saying “There’s a baby on board and we are so excited! Thank you so much for celebrating with us! Please visit the “Favor Counter” in Lawson’s Surf Shack and fill your new beach bag with some items to get you beach ready! Love, Lori & Lawson.” Jars filled with sun block, nail polish and SPF lip balm waited for the guests and after dessert each guest visited the shack to fill their bags.
DÉCOR & THE TABLE
Guest were welcomed by a chalkboard surfboard sign. The tables were set with bright orange chiavari chairs, custom napkins were made in Lori’s favorite pattern — Chevron, and beautiful tropical arrangements sat atop burlap runners. The tables were bright and inviting. Décor such as custom signs, orchids and pictures of the Tylander Family were set throughout the event.
SIGNATURE DRINK & DRINK BAR
A tiki bar was created by That’s A Good Sign to match Lawson’s surf shack. Blood Orange Mimosa’s were the signature drink. Strawberries and raspberries were also set out to make the mimosas even more fun. Arnold Palmers, a mixture of lemonade and sweet tea, have been Lori’s favorite and so they were served along with pineapple juice. Champagne flutes and decorated mason jars added an element of feminine fun.
Brunch consisted of tea sandwiches, quiche, orange cranberry scones and fruit.
Lori and her guests laughed, opened gifts, filled their bellies and laughed some more. In Lori’s words, “Today was perfect!”
- Event Styling & Planning: The Pear – Event Styling & Planning
- Photography By: Melinda Harstad of Enduring Impressions
- Photography By: The Pear – The Pear – Event Styling & Planning
- Custom Surf Shack, Drink Station, Surf Boards & Signs – That’s A Good Sign
- Menus, Food Signs & Favor Tags: Lace & Lollipops
- Flowers: Flowers by Phyllis
- Custom Napkins: Sanderson Textiles
- Macarons: The Sugar Monkey
- Surfboard & Swim Trunk Cookies: A Cookie Jar
- Invitation, Tote Bag Art & Tote Bag Note Cards: Party Box Design
- Table, Chairs & Linen Rentals: Panache Classic Party Rental
- Charger & Runner Rental: Superior Party Rental