Hi there! It’s Amber here, from Amber Lay Events and our newest venture you are about to find out about, Cotton Clouds For A Cause! I hope you are ready to be ‘spun’ up in the sweet goodness of fluffy cotton candy and the classic carnival past time we all love so much with my Dreamy & Retro Cotton Candy Carnival! Be sure to click through to read more about the photo shoot and how the idea for Cotton Clouds For A Cause came to life!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Babys Breath + White Hydrangeas in Gold Mason Jar Vases on Carnival Ticket Risers
– Cotton Candy Lollipops with Rhinestone Ties and Cotton Candy Topped Mini Cupcakes & Mason Jars
– Pastel Preppy Outfits: Fancy Bow Ties and Pretty Floral Dresses!
– Gold Mylar Fringe Backdrop, Quilt Batting Clouds and Stripe + Glitter Bunting Banner
For the past five years I’ve been planning weddings and events and my clients always ask for my advice about favors. I typically recommend doing an in lieu of favor card that let guests know a donation was made to a cause on their behalf instead of a favor. My clients loved the idea of donating but still preferred something tangible for their guests. I agreed, so the wheels started turning…
I needed something small (let’s face it, wedding and party guests already get drinks, appetizers, dinner, more drinks, cake and sometimes even more desserts and late night snacks so all they need is a little something), something relatively inexpensive to make (so that majority of the cost could be donated to a cause), customizable (to match any event theme and style), and light weight (for shipping purposes so that anyone in the U.S. can order them). After many afternoon lunch breaks at the beach brainstorming with friends we settled on cotton candy. It was perfect and met all the requirements above plus who doesn’t love bringing back the classic and retro carnival past time of air whipped sugar?!
With the concept in full swing we began branding and decided to do a fun photo shoot with some of the most important people in life including some college friends and my sister. It took place up in Newport Beach, California since the harbor there has a retro carnival feel and a ferris wheel! Plus it is on the water over looking sailboats…my favorite! ;) We tried to pull in elements of glam but also wanted a bit of country fair. We hope you love how the images turned out as much as we do!
We are now open for business and selling our custom cotton candy favors! We even spin fresh cotton candy live at all kinds of events including weddings, school functions, festivals, restaurants, parties and much more! No matter if you chose us to deliver or ship custom favors or have us spin live at your event a portion of all of our proceeds go to the Cause of your choice. We have hand selected 8 of our favorite Causes who have incredible reputations. There is sure to be a Cause for everyone out of our 8 but if you can’t find one near and dear to you we are happy to donate to any Cause you prefer.
Photo Shoot Highlights:
– Cotton Candy & Sprite Mason Jar Spritzers
– Cotton Candy Topped Mini Cupcakes
– A Cute Kiss From my Friend Eric to My Sister Shannon on the Ferris Wheel ;)
– Glittered Hands with Cotton Candy Pillowing Out of Them (as if the glitter was the sugar that made the cotton candy!)
– Clouds made of loose Quilt Batting and held together and hung with fishing line
– Cotton Candy Push Pops with Non-Pariels and trimmed in thick Gold Sequin Ribbon
– Cotton Candy Lollipops with huge Rhinestone Ties
– Mini Mason Jar Cotton Candy Favors with Burlap Fabric Toppers and Red Polka Dot Ribbon Trim
– The Girls in Glittered/Sugared Lips and Nails
– The Boys in Bow Ties, Side-Parted Hairdos & Colored Pants…what a task that was!
– Photography: Kendal Riley
– Photo Shoot Styling: Amber Lay Events
– Cotton Candy: Cotton Clouds For A Cause
– Hair & Make-up: Tiana Graham & Jackie Hites of Amber Lay Events
– Models: Eric Mroczek, Doug Molseed, Ayan Ysurf, Roxanne Rosales and Shannon Lay