Amy Birlew of Dimply Sweet certainly baked up some sweetness with this darling “Cherry On Top” Party! From layered place settings to an adorable cherry themed dessert table just prime for the picking, happy splashes of teal, red gingham and twine tied everything together perfectly. I’m loving the vintage soda shoppe vibe carried throughout, especially in the paper straw-topped ‘milkshake’ cupcakes… complete with a candy cherry on top, of course!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Beautiful rosette cupcakes topped with dainty fondant roses
– Mini cherry pies dressed up with polka dot sleeves and baker’s twine
– Doily accents on the plates & garlands + ‘All you need is love’ stamped wooden cutlery
– Red gingham and bows adorning the mason jars and drink dispenser
– Perfectly matching teal furniture & wicker accents, thanks to spray paint & Amy’s assistant! ;)
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Amy…
Our Cherry on Top collection was designed with all my favorite elements combined into one collection. With so many personal favorites, it was no surprise to see all the pieces fall into place in a schedule of as little as 6 days time.
My obsession lately for teal was undeniable and so our teal frenzy began. Everything in sight was painted teal by my assistant Arlene. We were fortunate to have someone on staff that had a knack for turning old things new! We still needed a secondary color and so we opted to add some fabulous bright shades of red to offset our teal. With this, our color pallet was created!
The use of Gingham material pattern was used throughout this entire collection along with a mixture of silk ribbons and a touch of brown twine. We also incorporated a few doilies and our old furniture painted in teal to give our Cherry on Top collection a touch of vintage flair.
Each table was adorned in Gingham tablecloths and paired with a Cherry Pie centerpiece and mason jars ready for guests to personalize and use them. Even the children had miniature tables with coordinated pillows and their very own miniature personal cherry pie!
For eye candy, we enjoyed some of my favorite treats from Von Bon Custom Cakes: a stunning Cherry Fondant Cake, Cherry on Top Cupcakes, Ice Cream Cupcakes and my personal favorite, Teal and Red Rosette Cupcakes! Roni From Roni Sugar Creations definitely placed the cherry on top when she designed the perfect Cherry Cookies to go with our theme!
We loved the final look to our Cherry on Top Collection, however, we can customize any of our themes to fit our client’s needs, just contact Dimply Sweet.
– Concept, Styling and all Printed Decor: Amy from Dimply Sweet
– Photography: Maria Healey Wedding Photography
– Cherry Cake, Cherry Cupcakes, Ice Cream Cupcakes, Rosette Cupcake: Von Bon Custom Cakes
– Cherry Cookies: Roni Sugar Creations