Candance McMaster of Candy and Cake Sugar Designs not only handmade the brilliant desserts, but dreamed up the purr-fect party for her daughter’s second birthday! Ava’s adorable Vintage Puppy and Kitten Party is filled with pretty doilies, charming animal faces (with cute little bows!) and dreamy floral patterns. Great job Candance!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Tissue Pom Garland and Dainty Floral Backdrop
– Adorable Party Circles with Glitter & Tissue Fringe Embellishments
– Puppy and Kitten Face Scalloped Square Cookies
– Doily & Lace White Birthday Cake with a Fondant Rose Topper
– Berry Basket Favor Boxes with Glitter Clothespins & Custom Tags
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Candace…
My youngest daughter, Ava, turned two around a week ago and we celebrated with a puppy and kitten party since she is infatuated with puppies and kittens and thinks that they are live stuffed animals. It really is hilarious to watch and won’t want to leave them whenever she gets a chance to meet one. So since we have been infusing her room with vintage kitten and puppy finds I thought why not have a vintage spin to it. A few months before the party I came across these vintage graphics and fell in love with them! They were perfect for the puppy and kitty theme!
Juli of Juli Labrecque Photography joined us to capture the days events.
I wanted a retro color scheme and carried it into the dessert table by including mini grasshopper pies, mini peach pies and peach cake pops. My printer decided to not work for me just before the party so I decided to, although it was my first time, to try painting the puppies and kitten images onto cookies. The bows had to be included because of the images that I loved all had little bows on each image. Also included were the liberty print chocolate covered oreos that you can purchase from me. Cupcake liners again I thought had a retro feel and found them at Sweet Estelle. Mini pom pom garland was courtesy of PomTree.
We borrowed my mom’s vintage tea towels and large doily that was given to her from my grandmother and I thought was a perfect addition to the party.
We included some of Ava’s favorite activities such as playdough, coloring and bubbles.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Cake, desserts: Candy and Cake Sugar Designs
– Photography: Juli Labrecque Photography
– Florist: Blossoms
– Peach Party Straws & Twine: Buttercream Dreams
– Party Circles and Graphics: Hello Love Designs
– Baskets and Polka Dot Paper Straws: Sugar Fox Shop
– Tissue Pom Pom Garland: Pom Tree
– Cupcake Liners: Sweet Estelle
– Ava’s Headband: Giddy Up and Grow
– Wooden Cutlery: Party Stock
– Honeycomb Balls: Devra Party Corp
– Party Plates & Napkins: Dollarama
– Favor containers and kitsch favors: Dollar Store
– Dessert Table Fabric: Fabricland