If you’re looking for Lion King Baby Shower ideas… well, Hakuna Matata! The brilliant Cris McGrath, of Crissy’s Crafts, has a stampede of wonderful safari style ways to celebrate a little cub on the way. And as always, her ideas are friendly and approachable for those of you crafting solo: candy filled baby bottles, easy desserts like cupcakes and a pre-made paper fan backdrop!
P.S. This is the first Lion King Themed Party on the site, hard to believe right!?
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– “Welcome Little One” Marshmallow Pops + Mommy Pin by Maria’s Crafts
– Candy Filled Bottles with Pumbaa and Simba Faces
– Paw Print & Jungle Leaf Silhouette Cupcake Toppers and Colorful Paper Fan Backdrop
– Baby Gift Bingo, Palm Tree Favor Boxes and Diaper Cake by Saving by Design
– Plush Lions with Printable Thank You Tags from Whimsically Detailed
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Cris…
To welcome a “new” cub on his way, our friends chose to have a Simba Themed Baby Shower. They decided to mix in some turquoise and lime green to the decor. I was so excited to start planning for this event! Miranda from Whimsically Detailed designed the printable especially for the baby shower.
Of course, I wanted to have a Safari feeling and also have some bright colors per their request. To start, I made the backdrop. I purchased 2 foam boards from Hobby Lobby and wrapped them using lime green wrapping paper and added some paper fans from Oriental Trading. I used burlap tablecloth and added a pop of color by adding a piece of turquoise fabric. The sweets included brigadeiro de colher (Brazilian sweet), cream puffs, custom made Baby Simba marshmallow pops by Maria’s Crafts, chocolate covered strawberries, cinnamon buns, cupcakes and a variety of candies. Maria’s Crafts made the cute mom-to-be pin. As favors, guests took home a baby plush lion and palm tree favor boxes with chocolate kisses inside. My favorite addition to this party was the gorgeous diaper cake that Saving by Design made specially for this event. It was just adorable!! We played Baby Gift Bingo and guess the baby food game. The cute cake was a gift from one of the couple’s friends.
– Styling and Photography: Crissy’s Crafts
– Printables: Whimsically Detailed
– Marsmallow pops and mom to be pin: Maria’s Crafts
– Diaper Cake: Saving by Design
– Paper fans/lanterns, candy, favors, personalized pencils, games and paper goods: Oriental Trading