If you want to spook-ify Halloween this year in a magical and mystical way, Tonya Coleman of Soiree Event Design has some GLAM, spine-tingling ideas to share from her Twilight Fairy’s Hollow! I am enchanted by this original, dark twist on the classic girly fairy theme… P.S. Those laser cut-outs from Ten23 Designs are amazing – they really transform the party space!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– “Twilight Fairy Queen” Crown, Florwer Cookies & Silver Star Wands
– Charcoal Gray Rosette Table Linen + Fairy Wing Chair Backs
– Wish Book Activity and Fairy Photo Shoot
– Black Glitter Twilight Fairy Silhouettes and Silver Painted Pumpkins
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Tonya…
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! For me, it’s a time where kids and adults alike can use their imaginations and create a fantasy world of wonder and fun! My girls play dress up year round and right now are loving being fairies. So, this year, I decided to put a creative spin on the traditional fairy party and designed a printables collection— “Twilight Fairy’s Hollow” based on whimsical Twilight Fairies, whose job it is to bring out the twinkling stars during the twilight hour of night. It all started with the invitation from The Twilight Fairy Queen (my daughter) requesting that her Twilight Fairy friends journey to Twilight Fairy’s Hollow to celebrate the coming of Halloween with sweet treats, fun and crafts!
To set the scene I used a color palette of black, charcoal gray, silver with bling, glitter and iron accents. The rosette table linen reminded me of a fairy flower garden and was the inspiration for the entire theme! To add some sparkle I embellished Peckled’s signature glitter pinwheels with a gorgeous jeweled spider and plastic spiders I spray painted silver. For a touch of glam I mixed in glass flower shaped charger plates in charcoal gray and sparkly black votive holders in the decor. I also wanted the party to have a vintage feel, so I used Peckled’s vintage collection of napkin rings and flower balls as well as vintage mini top hats by Cupcake Wishes in the party’s decor.
To immediately set the scene, I placed a Twilight Fairy wreath on the door to greet our guests. The journey for the girls began with a visit the Twilight Fairy’s Closet to be magically transformed into Twilight Fairies with tutus embellished with black bling flower clips, sparkly black fairy wings personalized with a printable initial medallion of each guest’s first name (available in our shop) and fabulous mini top hats. For an extra special touch, Shawna Brockmeier designed this gorgeous custom designed fabric crown for the Twilight Fairy Queen to wear! We even had a makeup artist on hand (me) to add black webbed eyeliner and sparkle to each girl’s face! They LOVED that!
Once they were all dolled up, it was time for their Fairy Photo shoot! The girls had a blast posing for the camera in front of a fabulous rosette backdrop that matched the party decor perfectly! It was important to do the shoot right after they got all dressed up and BEFORE they ate! PLUS…it gave me plenty of time to print out the photos on my home printer for the girls to use later in their craft.
After their photo shoot, the fairies were whisked off to the Twilight Dinner with the Twilight Fairy Queen at a table set just for them complete with personalized framed printable placecards, fairy winged chairs and I wanted the party to have a vintage feel too, so I used Peckled’s vintage collection of napkin rings and flower balls as well as vintage mini top hats in the party’s decor.. Each guest’s plate also had customized plates that I created using plate inlays the Twilight Fairy silhouette decals. Check out that fabulous candelabra…can you believe we actually made that out of an old chandelier and an old thrift store lamp! (DIY tutorial on my blog here). How about those Twilight Fairies flying over the table…a little fishing wire and fabulous wood cutouts from Ten23 Designs…super easy and such a wow factor—the girls were amazed by them!
After dinner the fairies joined together to create their own Book of Wishes! Each girl had their own scrapbook with a printable cover personalized with each girl’s name and their own flower plate full of sparkly embellishments. By that time, I had printed all the girl’s photos while they were eating dinner and had them ready to go! The girls had super fun decorating their scrapbook pages and writing all their wishes in the books. They even swapped books and wrote their wishes for each other. TOO CUTE and such a great personalized party favor! The Book of Wishes personalized covers are available in our shop here.
– Party Styling & Photography: Tonya Coleman of Soiree Event Design
– Printables, Cotton Candy: Soiree Event Design Shop
– Napkin Rings, Paper Pinwheels, Paper Flower Balls & Paper Pinwheel Cupcake Toppers: Peckled
– Laser Cut Wood Fairy Cutouts & Acrylic Fairy Cutout Cupcake & Cake Topper: Ten23 Designs
– Mini Top Hats: Cupcake Wishes and Birthday Dreams
– Custom Embroidered Fabric Crown: Shawna Brockmeier Styled Events
– Flower & Fairy Cookies: Sweet C’s Bake Shop
– Sparkle Sticks: Made By A Princess
– Bling Scoops & Tongs: Talia’s Creative Printing
– Glitter Candy Apples, Cake Pops, Chocolate Pretzels & Chocolate Covered Oreos: Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins
– Mini Glass Jars with Lids: The TomKat Studio Shop
– Glass Milk Jars with Lids, Striped Straws, Glass Flower Chargers & Black Glitter Votives: Koyal Wholesale
– Glitter Cupcake Wrappers: Dress My Cupcake
– Door Wreath: JP Alexander Events
– Black 3 Step Wooden Stand: Hello My Sweet