Pops of pink, disco balls and rockin’ desserts… sounds like a blast right? That’s exactly what Jamila Watson of Parties On Purpose dreamed up with this “Let’s Dance” Pop Star Birthday Party beautifully photographed by Terah Lake Photography! I love the modern, clean look with a tween girl twist (tie dye purple backdrop and rhinestone tanks!)… and those Juju’s Tutus look absolutely dazzling!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Party Balloons, Black Fringe, Shimmery Disco Ball & Pattern Paper Bunting
- Tie Dye Purple Backdrop (Shower curtain from Target!)
- Headphone, Disco Ball and Record Cupcake Toppers
- Pretty Whoopie Pies, Dress Up Station and Cute Cotton Candy Cups
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jamila…
We had such a great time with our Parties On Purpose photo shoot for one of my favorite party themes called “Let’s Dance”! I have such a love for dance and I have always wanted to incorporate this into our birthday party activities. Our “Let’s Dance” party theme is for girls and boys that have a love for dance, movement, games and high energy fun! No experience necessary!
We wanted the decorations to have a fun dance element to it, so we added a disco ball to the dessert buffet which in my book is the ultimate symbol of dance! We also added cool pink glittered disco balls, records and head phone fondant topper to the cupcakes and pretty pink and purple sugar to the whoopie pies. We also added some bright pink gum balls and multicolored cotton candy. For the dessert table accents, I had the pleasure of going to one of my favorite party stores, Petite Party Studio! I am lucky enough to live in Arizona and always love popping in to say hi and for some pretty party décor! The dancers had their very own mini-boutique with pretty pink, black and purple tutu’s and accessories so they could get ready to dance in style. Our second background (black and white stripped) was shot over a friends house. I have always been a huge fan of black and white strips and I love the contrast of the dancers clothes and multi colored party balloons.
We had an amazing time and hope you enjoy the pictures!
- Party Styling, concept, graphic design, table banner, hair and makeup: Parties On Purpose
- Photography: Terah Lake Photography
- Tutu’s: Juju’s Tutus
- Whoopie Pies: Elizabeth’s Moments of Joy
- Cupcakes and cupcake toppers: Cool Cupcake Toppers
- Balloons, plastic bottles, straws, black tissue fringe, favor bags and candy cups: Petite Party Studio
- Backdrop curtains: Target
- Pink chevron stand (dessert table): Hobby Lobby