If parties could smell… this one would be of cinnamon, pie crust and a warm apple pie in the oven! Valerie of Charming Touch Parties styled this Rustic Apple Picking Party with the crisp, fall air and memories of home in mind. I love the idea of getting outdoors and celebrating this beautiful season, especially in such a cozy way. (Enjoy all the creative sweets and crafty embellishments captured by Jennifer Kaye Photography!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– “made with LOVE” Mini Apple Pies and Apple Cake Pops
– Decorated Favor Bags and Button & Burlap Embellished Drink Bottles
– Chalkboard Style Printables by Beth Kruse-Custom Creations
– Red Floral + Apple Studded Centerpiece and Rustic Red Gingham Fabrics
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Valerie…
Fall is easily my favorite season of the year. School is back in session, routine is in order, college football has commenced and Mother Nature couldn’t be more generous. Our family has a variety of fun fall traditions and one of them is an annual trip to a local apple orchard. There’s nothing quite like seeing children’s faces as they take bites from an apple they picked themselves. …and what better way to welcome fall than an apple picking party?
To me, a Midwest girl, fall means HOME. It means FAMILY. It means COMFORT. I wanted the design of this party to reflect that feeling. I chose warm colors and classic prints. Our guests were treated to a variety of apple inspired desserts, including sweet mini pies, the cutest little cupcakes, darling apple cake pops and super sweet boutique cookies. Our cake has a simple, clean finish and is given some dimension with beautiful ribbon and fabric.
While the brisk air means Winter is coming, how nice to know that we can savor the beauty of fall and all it’s abundance for now.
– Design and Styling: Charming Touch Parties
– Photography: Jennifer Kaye Photography
– Printables: Beth Kruse-Custom Creations
– Flowers: Floral Wonders
– Cake and cake pops: Bake It!
– Fondant cupcake toppers: Love & Sugar Kisses
– Cookies: NatSweets
– Cupcakes and mini pies: Barry’s Baker’s Basket