Yes the long weekend is over, but that doesn’t mean we should stop enjoying ourselves! ;) Let’s start Monday off with a unique drink recipe by Mixologist Chris Hudnall. Golden raisins, tequila, honeydew juice and more creatively paired flavors make up the Buddy Miles Cocktail, a drink that sounds like a fabulous conversation piece and exquisite adult treat for your next party! (As seen in a super sweet Owl Baby Shower with a Paleo friendly menu.)
The Buddy Miles Cocktail Recipe
by Chris Hudnall
– 1 ½ oz Zignum Silver
– 1 oz Honeydew Juice
– ¾ oz Golden Raisin Syrup
– 4 Dashes Peach Bitters
– 1 oz Lime Juice
– Ice: 2 Inch Cube
– Garnish: Dehydrated Peach Wheel & 3 Golden Raisins
Pour all ingredients into small shaker tin, add ice, shake vigorously and double strain over ice cube. Garnish and serve.
GOLDEN RAISIN SYRUP
– 1½ cups water
– 1 cup Golden raisins
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– ⅛ tsp Ground Mulled Cider Spices
– ¼ cup water
– Castor Sugar or Coconut Suger
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. In medium saucepan covered with lid, boil 1½ cups water, raisins, lemon juice and spices for approximately 25 minutes.
2. Remove from stove and allow mixture to cool.
3. Whip ingredients in blender or food processor. Add ¼ cup water. Whip again.
4. Strain and add 1 cup of castor sugar or coconut sugar.