Inspired by this post (Wow… from over three years ago!) and her little fighter Carter, mommy Enjoli of Sugar Shack Crafts put together this Koi Fish Theme Party to symbolize Carter’s determination to grow strong and healthy (Read her details below to hear his story). With a few friendly fishy faces & an ADORABLE birthday boy, this celebration is lighthearted, memorable and absolutely perfect.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Amazing Koi Fish and wave birthday cake + incredible koi cookies by The Cookie Queen
- Origami fishing pole and cake pop centerpiece with big paper “1”
- Swedish Fish and Rice Krispie treat sushi rolls
- Decorative high chair ribbon bunting with an “I am one!” birthday sign
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Enjoli…
My son, Carter Jacob, was born 7 weeks premature and suffered complications shortly after birth. As a result he needed to stay in the NICU for two months. After a few surgeries, procedures, and a lot of prayers, Carter Jacob was able to go home. Because he had such a rough start in his life, I wanted to do something very special for his first birthday. Inspired by this HWTM blog post: Adorable Koi Cupcakes
I chose the Koi fish theme in honor of Boy’s Day to honor my son, hoping that he will continue to grow healthy and strong just like the tale of the koi fish. With strong determination and fight like the koi fish, Carter Jacob was able to fight to his destination.
All of the party printables and party styling was done by myself. I hope you enjoy what I am sharing with you as much as I enjoyed creating this party for Carter.
- Party Printables: Sugar Shack Crafts
- Koi Cake: 808 Cakes
- Cupcakes, Cake Pops, Cake Bites: Buttercream Cupcakes
- Sugar Cookies: The Cookie Queen
- Chalkboard Sign, High Chair Sign, Welcome Sign: Our Hobby to Your Home
- Ribbon Garland: A to Zebra Celebrations
- Candy Cups, Mini Candy Cups, Single Cupcake Stand: Shop Sweet Lulu