Cristy Mishkula of Pretty My Party styled this adorable Puppy Pawty for her puppy-loving son, Carter! And it’s pawsitively perfect with all of the playful paw print decor, clever puppy treats and the cutest little doggy party mascot! (For more Puppy Inspired Party Ideas go here and here!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Puppy inspired dessert table with a paw print tablecloth & polka dot balloons
– Paw print, puppy and dog tag cupcake toppers + dog bone cake pops
– Fetch Sticks, Puppy Chow, Puppy Punch and “Lolli Pups”
– Cute polka dot printables with puppies in party hats and red dog houses
–”Wipe Your Paws” napkin holder + “Let’s Pawty” cupcake wrappers
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Cristy…
One of my son’s first words was “gee gee” aka doggie, so I thought a “Puppy Pawty” would be the perfect theme for his 2nd birthday party! He absolutely loves dogs. Every time he sees someone walking their dog around our neighborhood he gets so excited!
As I searched Etsy for some ideas, I came across Jilly Bear Designs and her adorable handmade blue and red puppy collection. She worked with me on a Happy Birthday banner, table centerpieces, food labels and favor tags. Now that I had the colors and decor set, I wanted to incorporate clever names for the desserts. I’ve seen some other cute puppy themed parties online, so I used some of the clever names that I found, including Pup Cakes (Cupcakes with gorgeous fondant toppers by Lynlee’s Petite Cakes), Pup Corn (Blueberry Popcorn by Mom & Popcorn), Fetch Sticks (Gourmet Chocolate Covered Pretzels from Pretzels Pleaze), Puppy Punch (Blue Hawaiian Punch), Canine Cookies (Amazing cookies from Hayley Cakes & Cookies), Puppy Chow (Chex Mix Dessert), Cake Pups (Cake Pops by kCreative Cake Pops), Puppy Kisses (Hershey Kisses), Lolli Pups (Paw Print Lollipops by Rosebud Chocolates) and Puppy Paws (Chocolate Covered Oreos by Love & Sugar Kisses).
We can’t forget about the centerpiece of the dessert table – the cake! The amazing and delicious two-tiered puppy themed cake (chocolate & vanilla) was made by Sarah’s Specialty Sweets.
For the table centerpieces, a handmade puppy, bone, and dog house with Carter’s name on it were placed in little red tin buckets with navy blue paper shreds.
For the backdrop of the dessert table, I found some navy blue fabric with white polka dots at Hobby Lobby. For the gift table, I decided to do another backdrop, using fabric with puppies on it from Joann Fabric. I enlisted the help of my friend Kara of Saving By Design to help me make some paper medallions for the gift table backdrop. I found some unfinished wooden numbers on Etsy from Build a Cross Canton. I purchased the 2 and painted it blue. It looked great in the middle of the paper medallions on the gift table.
For the party favors, each child received a stuffed puppy with a printable adoption certificate from Chickabug. The little guests also received a blue or red pail with a puppy coloring book, crayons and bubbles. Each pail was adorned with a cute handmade puppy tag from Jilly Bear Designs.
Crystal Satriano Photography was on hand to capture all of the party details.
The party came together exactly how I envisioned. I was so lucky to work with some talented vendors. Best of all, everyone had a great time, especially my little birthday boy!
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Party Styling, DIYs and Desserts: Cristy Mishkula of Pretty My Party
– Photography: Crystal Satriano Photography
– Cake: Sarah’s Specialty Sweets
– Handmade Party Decor: Jilly Bear Designs
– Paper Medallions: Saving By Design
– Mason Jar Labels and Customized Cupcake Wrappers: Cupcake With Character
– Puppy Invitation: JC Baby Cakes
– Fondant Cupcake Toppers: Lynlee’s Petite Cakes
– Chocolate Covered Oreos with Paw Prints: Love & Sugar Kisses
– Cookies: Hayley Cakes & Cookies
– Cake Pops: kCreative Cake Pops
– Paw Print Chocolate Lollipops: Rosebud Chocolates
– Blueberry Popcorn: Mom & Popcorn
– Gourmet Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Dog Bone Toppers: Pretzels Pleaze
– Fabric: Hobby Lobby and Joann Fabric
– Unfinished Wooden 2: Build a Cross Canton
– Printable Puppy Adoption Certificates: Chickabug
– Wooden Utensils with Puppy Paw Prints and Navy Blue Striped Straws: Shop Pretty My Party
– Popcorn Boxes and Light Blue with White Polka Dot Straws: Shop Sweet Lulu
– Plastic Mason Jars: The Party Fairy
– Mini Paper Dog Houses: Bluefin Works
– Party Favors: Dollar Tree
– Plastic Favor Buckets: Party City
– Red Tin Buckets for Centerpieces: Oriental Trading