If you or a friend is on their way to getting married, be sure to tell them about this super cute idea from Abigail Barnes of Paper & Cake! She dreamed up this adorable Shabby Chic Pink Pickup Truck Picnic for a fun “Bridesmaids Ask.” What better way to ask your best girl friends to be a part of your big day than with a girly-get-together covered in pink gingham and retro country inspired details? :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Pink pickup truck cake topper by Edible Details + Pickup truck printable cupcake toppers
– Pink popcorn boxes on a popcorn ladder display with paper flower garland!
– “Will you ride shotgun with me?” Bridesmaid request keychains + Personalized hangers by Delovely Details
– Muslin napkins, gable box lunches and babys breath in pattern paper wrapped cans
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Abigail…
Have you ever heard of a Bridesmaids Ask? Well, its exactly as it sounds. It’s a party or event you throw in honor of your Bridesmaid hopefuls, asking them to be a part of your special day. What better way to ask them to take this journey with you than to “Ride Shotgun” with you?!
This party has everything a girl could want: Pink. Check. Retro. Check. Pickup Truck…. ok that might be a special kind of girl, but its so stinkin cute, who wouldn’t love it?! We began with one thing in mind and one thing only… a cute illustration of a vintage Pink Pickup Truck. Any girl would go nuts over a pink pickup truck! We knew a vintage-retro feel was ultimately what we wanted to achieve and we incorporated some modern patterns and chabby-chic elements and it all came together perfectly.
Our lucky girl and her best girl friends hopped into her pickup truck, put some mud on the tires, and headed to the country for a little afternoon picnic. We took your traditional blanket picnic, and upcycled it a bit. A gourmet lunch was served in individual gable boxes atop a shabby chic country table made from an old door. Mismatched colorful chic chairs from Found Vintage Rentals were the perfect addition to the table. Each bridesmaid received personalized dress hangers from Delovely Details. Tons of handmade paper flowers and baby’s breath were added to just about every detail, keeping it simple and sweet.
Dessert included some Berry Trail Mix, Ombre Pink Cupcakes by Meringue Bakeshop, Cotton Candy Lollipops from Dolly’s Cotton Candy, Chocolate Mousse Cups, and Kettle Corn. The highlight of the tablescape was by far the Pink Pickup Truck Fondant Cake Topper from Edible Details.
Our Bridesmaids also went home with a personalized Pickup Truck wooden Keychain from Delovely Details and a spot in our lucky girl’s wedding. This Pink Pickup Truck party was the perfect “girly” and intimate setting for the bride-to-be to ask her favorite girls to Ride Shotgun with her on her special day.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Styling and Printable Party Set: Paper & Cake
– Photography: Missy Marie Photography
– Hangars & Key chains: Delovely Details
– Truck Fondant Topper: Edible Details
– Mason Jar Lids, Stripey Straws, Gable Boxes, Gold Twine: TomKat Studio
– Cupcakes: Meringue Bakeshop
– Cotton Candy: Dolly’s Cotton Candy
– Cake Stands: Sweets Indeed
– Chairs: Found Vintage Rentals
– Popcorn Ladder: Magnolia and Willow Antiques
– Tablecloth: Tablevogue