If you’re starting to plan your 4th of July menu, Jenny Raulli of Bloom Designs has a perfect raspberry and meringue Patriotic Parfait Recipe to end your independence day celebration! These red and white treats are fresh and light… and even come with free printable flags to decorate (download below)! :)
PATRIOTIC PARFAIT RECIPE
– Homemade Whipped Cream in a piping bag (Used this recipe.)
– Meringues (homemade or store bought)
– 6 ounce container fresh raspberries
– 12 ounce bag frozen raspberries
– 1/2 cups sugar
– 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
RASPBERRY SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. In a sauce pan, heat frozen raspberries, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Mash raspberries with the back of a wooden spoon. Simmer for 10 minutes and then remove from heat. Add fresh raspberries.
2. Stir and mash. Let cool. Then refrigerate until well chilled.
1. Break the meringue cookies into small bits.
2. Use 2 ounce shot glass and start with a good squirt of whipped cream at the bottom. Next a spoon of raspberry sauce, and then the meringue pieces.
3. Repeat and end with a dollop of whipped cream. Add a patriotic flag (free download below!) or fresh raspberry garnish.
FREE PRINTABLE PATRIOTIC FLAGS
Click here to download the free printable patriotic flags!