little sailor first birthday

I’m thrilled to finally be able to share this Little Sailor 1st Birthday theme that I styled for Pottery Barn Kids! We actually shot this theme in Northern California with the PBkids team – at the same time as our Ice Cream Shoppe Party featured earlier this year… so it was fun to focus on something more boy oriented for the 2nd day of shooting. I’m sure the room attendants were completely confused by the random array of craft explosions happening in our hotel room though. ;) Alyssa & I even frosted & decorated the cookies for this shoot in there… so I figure they should be a breeze for you to do at home!

Head on over to the Pottery Barn Kids website for full details on this theme – including recipes, party details, and LOTS of free printables! We also have matching invitations, custom items and a girl version of this collection available in our Etsy Shop.

diy dish plates

sailor themed dessert table

little sailor printables from hwtm for pottery barn kids

diy smash cake bunting

lantern inspired centerpiece

adult sea inspired tablescape

lifesaver sailboat cupcake toppers

dish fish cookies

ocean punch drink recipe

The coffee sleeve “sailor hats” were a happy accident. I was originally going to make sailboats and was all set up to do so, then realized (while sitting in Starbucks, nonetheless) that sailor hats would be even easier! They aren’t really proportional for wearing (although it might be cute to glue a girl version to headbands) – but they made for really cute accent decor. We added them to chair backs in this shoot, but I also think they’d make cute “place cards” for table settings too… or even strung together as a party garland!

kids sailor hat craft

kids ocean inspired tablescape

orange ship juice

nautical banner

candy craft

catch of the day favors

P.S. Here’s a peek at all the printables you can download over at Pottery Barn Kids… enjoy! :)

sailor printables

Want this collection printed, personalized & sent to your doorstep? Good news…

little sailor boy party printables collection on hostess ink

little sailor girl party printables collection on hostess ink

VENDOR CREDITS:

– Styling and Design: Jennifer Sbranti for Hostess with the Mostess
– Printables: Hostess with the Mostess
– Wooden Chevron Forks : Sucre Shop

24 responses to “HWTM “Little Sailor” 1st Birthday Party for Pottery Barn Kids + Free Printables!”

1. Ricka says:

SUPER CUTE!!! I just adore the fish paper plates. Love the accidental sailor hats.

2. Bird says:

So, so cute! Love the polo/lifesavers details, clever!
    Congrats on another fabulous party Jen! :)

3. Everything looks great! The 1st Voyage banner is very clever. (FYI-Pottery Barn is spelled wrong in the title!)

• jenn s. says:

Oh my goodness… love it when I miss the most obvious of things! How does that happen? Anyways – thanks so much for the heads up! :)

4. Oh my goodness Jen! you are soooo creative… I love everything about this. I am always excited to see boy party ideas …..well done my friend! Congrats! xoxo

5. This is literally the cutest party ever! I adore the nautical line at pottery barn kids and this is a perfect party to go with it!

6. Amanda says:

I love how you used something as simple as lifesavers in such a creative way!

7. Amazing Job Jenn- Love the color scheme and sailors’ hats!

8. absolutely adorable, jen! i get so excited every time you post one of your own parties or shoots! love your work!

9. Tasha says:

I would love to know where you got the little cups with the lifesavers on the outside, they are adoarable!

10. Tasha says:

Thank you for the link to the cups!

11. Holly says:

This super cute post from PBK was posted right after I decided to have a sailor theme for my son’s 1st birthday. I had already had a shirt made for his birthday, because I had found party supplies I liked. Now, I love this, and his shirt won’t match (little bit of OCD). Is there a way to edit the color scheme once I download it? OR if It is printed somewhere?

12. Meredith says:

Hi Jennifer! I LOVE this party idea and am planning to use it for my son’s 1st birthday! The printables photo above shows tent cards, but they are not on the printables link. Can you please help me locate them?

13. Meredith says:

Hi Jenn! I LOVE this party and am planning to have one like it for my son’s 1st birthday. I am trying to locate the tent cards on the printables page, but do not see them there. Could you please help me with this?

14. […] HWTM “Little Sailor” 1st Birthday Party for Pottery Barn Kids + Free Printables […]

15. Heather says:

Where did you get that boat?? I’m in love with this party. Well done.

16. […] loving and special… and just send my heart out to sea! :) (For more Nautical party ideas go here and […]

17. […] P.S. Find all the FREE Printables on Potterybarn Kids here, the custom printed versions at Hostess Ink. here and the custom printables in our Etsy shop here! And see our blog post using this collection here.  […]