Isn’t this Vintage Inspired Baby Shower by Lina of A Stunning Affair absolutely gorgeous?! I love colorful florals paired with kraft paper decor and beautiful script by Calligraphy Katrina… and of course that creative mommy-to-be sash! (And for more inspiring baby shower ideas go here and here!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Dessert table with flower sugar cookies, book risers & Kraft paper “BABY” banner
- Bright & whimsical floral arrangement centerpieces in mason jars wrapped with kraft paper & colorful yarn
- Brown Bag “Nibbles”, Fondant Floral Cake & “Baby Talk” Advice for mommy-to-be!
- Kraft paper pinwheels + table runners with gorgeous hand lettering
- Vintage inspired place settings with pretty menus and eclectic tea cups
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Lina…
When I found out my dear friend and fellow event planner was pregnant I immediately started planning and gathering ideas for her baby shower.
The baby shower took place at a quaint tea house, in Orange County, CA . When the guests arrived they were greeted in the lobby with a vintage beverage station completed with striped straws and mason jars and nibbles to snack on. Each guest was also given a pacifier and invited to play a “baby” game. We also created small cards where guests could write well wishes for the mother to be.
Later, guests were asked to enter the lunch portion of the afternoon. Upon entering the room, the guests were greeted with an escort card sign and directions to their assigned tables.
The décor of the room had a garden theme with a hint of playfulness. Nursery rhymes were written on each kraft paper table runner, and the centerpieces were placed in mason jars wrapped in kraft paper and trim and wood boxes and filled with hydrangea, ranulculus, raw cotton, roses, thistle and blue delphinium. The desert table was filled with delicious deserts and was decorated with baby books that were stacked above one another and sprinkled with baby blocks.
The guests sipped on a variety of teas in adorable china tea cups and snacked on delicious sandwiches, scones and mini tea cakes. Everyone had an amazing time and it is a day that Heather will never forget!
- Event Designer: Lina Wallace of A Stunning Affair
- Coordinator: Mary Sushinski of Occasions
- Photographer: Suthi Picotte of Picotte Photography
- Florals: Susan Tom-Nellis of Peony and Plum
- Cake and Desserts: Leslie Maynor of Fantasy Frostings
- Location: Spring Tea Garden
- Linens and Napkins: Dahlia Wexler of Designer Specialty Linens
- Invitation & Stationary: Jen Wick for Minted
- Calligraphy: Calligraphy Katrina