Didn’t you just love this Dreamy Lavender Woodland Fairy Party styled by the incredible Amy Liu Bissett of A Dazzle Day from earlier this week? It was such a whimsical party with so many gorgeous handcrafted elements. Her DIY Wooden Peg Fairy Dolls are surprisingly easy to make and are perfect for enchanting little party favors or as a beautiful cake topper! P.S. We’ll be sharing a few more tutorials from this party within the next few weeks- including those adorable toadstool chair cushions and elegant napkins! ;)
WOODEN FAIRY DOLLS – A DIY TUTORIAL
by: Amy Liu Bissett of A Dazzle Day
– Wooden doll
– Acrylic Paints
– Glue Gun
– Various sizes of paint brushes
– Stencil Stamp tool
– Silk Flowers
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. First paint the doll into the skin color of your choice, then draw her face and hair line out with pencil. Next, color her hair and dab her cheeks.
2. Paint in her hair & carefully dab cheeks! Using a small brush, carefully paint her eyes & lips.
3. Once you’re happy with your doll, spray several layers of Crystal Clear on. Let it dry overnight.
4. Start decorating your doll with beautiful flower petals to make a pretty fairy gown! (This is where your glue gun comes in handy.)
Here is your stunning fairy!