02 Jun

10 Creative {& Tasty!} Ice Cream Party Ideas

10 Creative {& Tasty!} Ice Cream Party Ideas

I designed a sweet-and-sparkly Ice Cream Shoppe Birthday Party for Pottery Barn Kids earlier this year and stumbled on so many great ideas during the planning process… way too many to fit into one party! So, for my latest guest post over at Glam, I thought it would be fun to create a big round up of some of the *extra tasty* creative ideas for this theme, in case you’re planning to host an ice cream party yourself. ;)

View the full post right here, and check out lots more inspiration in our Ice Cream Party Ideas pinterest board.

Comments 9

jenn s.

POSTED BY

Founder & Creative Director see full profile

9Comments

@HWTM_Jenn SAYS:

10 Creative {& Tasty!} Ice Cream Party Ideas: http://t.co/jTDHj2INVH http://t.co/eSbNZbf2LT

Reply June 2, 2013 at 11:03 am

Julia - fight off your demons SAYS:

Wow, great inspiration! I’m planning on throwing an ice cream inspired party soon, so this is perfect! Thanks!

Reply June 2, 2013 at 11:13 am

@AllAboutNuptial SAYS:

10 Creative {& Tasty!} Ice Cream Party Ideas http://t.co/5s88VKzaQk

Reply June 2, 2013 at 11:30 pm

maureen SAYS:

I love everything about this, Jen!

Reply June 4, 2013 at 9:27 am

maureen SAYS:

JenN I mean!

Reply June 4, 2013 at 9:27 am

Karen SAYS:

Hi Jenn,
LOVE all these ideas! For the ice cream party garland (with the yarn tops), how do you attach the finished ice cream cones to the garland? And did you just use plain string? Thanks!

Reply June 5, 2013 at 12:32 am

alyssa SAYS:

Hi Karen! There are actually 2 ways to do this:
1. Have your ice cream cones ready and your “cherries” ready. When you hot glue your cherry on to your ice cream, wedge your twine or string of choice in between. If you choose this method, plan out how far apart each cone should be according to where you are hanging the garland.
2. Take your completed ice cream cones with cherries already attached and hot glue your twine or string of choice to the yarn ball and cherry. Hold in place while glue dries to make sure it is sturdy enough to remain attached (the ice creams can be a little heavy for twine).

Have fun crafting!

June 5, 2013 at 8:10 am

Karen SAYS:

Thanks so much! Do you think the cones will be too heavy to use a ribbon as the garland? If so, what do you suggest using? Thanks!

Reply June 5, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Catherine Holt SAYS:

Absolutely love this. I wonder if I could hold an ice cream party in Winter??? Hmm….why not!!

Reply June 5, 2013 at 4:38 pm