Michelle and Sam rock n’ rolled down the aisle with the help of Melissa of The Sweet Society‘s creative ideas (and amazing candy buffet) for their Rockabilly Wedding! Red, black and white decorations with bold polka dots and a cherry on top transformed this 1950’s look into a fun & modern wedding celebration!
WEDDING HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Creative paper flower bouquet with feather accents + red suspenders for the groom
– Cupcake tower with a custom topper modeled after the happy couple!
– Playful “Strike A Pose” Photo Booth
– Favors gifted in takeout containers with polka dot bow tie embellishments
WEDDING DETAILS, as told by Melissa…
For this wedding the coupled wanted to create a fun celebration with their friends and family. It was held at The St Kilda Kiosk in Melbourne, Australia, one of our famous landmarks along the beach. The ceremony was held out on the deck overlooking the bay, and then followed by the reception in the adjoining restaurant.
When styling this event I wanted to incorporate the masculinity and femininity of this great theme, to create this cool rockabilly candy buffet, which was also used as the guest’s thank you gift. We also created a wishing well table and photo-booth.
– Design & Styling: The Sweet Society
– Paperie: Green Beansie Ink
– Cupcake tower (vegan cupcakes): Mister Nice Guy’s BakeShop
– Personalised cake toppers: Fun Deliver
– Brides paper flower bouquet and buttonhole: Dunne with Style
– Linen: Vintage Sew & So
– Photographer: Casamento Photography