With bright, whimsical colors and gorgeous folk-inspired DIY decor, Helen Rodriguez of Ever After Event & Floral Design flawlessly styled this Playful Nesting Doll Party Theme for her daughter’s first birthday! I absolutely love the little Babushka dolls peeking out from all around – especially in those creative floral centerpieces!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Gorgeous Nesting Doll sugar cookies + birthday cake
- Hand sewn doll baby teethers & DIY felted scarf head band favors
- Babushka Bowling, Kids Craft Table and play area for the little ones!
- Floral and Nesting Doll centerpieces + DIY felted heart garland and fabric pom mobile
- Super fun DIY doll photobooths with face cut outs
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Helen…
This birthday party was a special one for me as a first time mother and event planner. I designed and styled this Nesting Doll themed party for my daughters first birthday. We handcrafted every detail from the wreaths at the door to the fun nesting doll photo cut outs. This party was chalk full of DIY projects such as the doll teethers for babies, the scarf head bands for the bigger girls. We also made all the food from scratch. There was a separate table for the kids snacks and drinks. Our favor table was decorated with a lovely back drop which featured ornate frames with photographs of the birthday girl each month of her first year. We also had snap on snake bracelets for the boys and balls, candy and teething dolls for the babies and scarfs headbands for the girls. For entertainment we had a large play area for the kiddies with a ball pit and fun tent, a babushka bowling aisle and my favorite a crafts table complete with a DYI coloring table cloth. Outdoors we had a small park with swings and a slide. We had a basket with silly string and bubbles and chalk for outdoor play. Our cake table was amazingly yummy! Our baker made the most amazing cake featuring 3 nesting dolls. There were also cupcakes, and the cutest cookies. The table had a lovely backdrop as well. All in all there wasn’t a single detail over looked, I even ordered her matching outfit with shoes and sewed on her bottom a nesting doll cut out.
- Photography: Enduring Impressions Photography
- Cake: Marlene’s Cupcakes and Cakes
- Cupcakes: Janet’s Sweet Treats
- Custom Shoes: Baby Blush Boutique
- Rentals: Event Rentals
- Cookies: Baked Sweetly
- Stationary: lafabriqueabricole
- Event Design & Styling, Backdrop, Flowers & Decorations: Ever After Event & Floral Design