Anyone that’s a Shel Silverstein fan will fall in love with this creative, rustic and sweet Giving Tree Themed First Birthday Party by Charlene of Chakoda Design! Burlap, tree logs, apples and earthy decorations made her “less is more” approach feel full and festive (and oh so nostalgic for this 1964 classic)!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Baskets of Apples, Apple Topped Vanilla Cupcakes & Baskets of Apples
- Giving Tree Book Cover Inspired Cake by Takes the Cake
- Burlap sack favors with mini apple charms, Apple Juice Bar and Apple Piñata
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Charlene…
Jonathan Turns 1! His Giving Tree themed birthday party was a celebration for a & Blessed year. Jonathan was a born a preemie baby- so it was very difficult for his parents in the beginning. There were struggles and complications during the first months when Jonathan was born, however God is great and works wonders with his love. The proud parents were very excited to celebrate his 1 year journey. Mommy picked the giving tree theme, she felt she could associate with the story very well. She hired me to take care of the design and decor for this very special day. She loves the “Less is more” idea- which I 100% agree with this theme, very simple yet clean & sophisticated, but enough room for the kids to have fun. I used a lot of apples as part of the centerpieces, since that was one of the main objects in the story. Also tree logs were incorporated and different shades of greens as well. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
- Cake: Takes the Cake (Pasadena Ca 626-792-1109)
- Themed Rentals & Event Design: Chakoda Design
- Photography: Charlene Freelance Photography Tel (909) 559 -0989