Yeehaw! Ashley Lansford of Southern Mae Photography rounded up her creative ideas for Rustic & Vintage Cowboy First Birthday for her little cowboy, Lane! The birthday boy had all sorts of fun with a cow print cake and adorable sheriff bib! (For more Cowboy Party Ideas go here and here!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– “Fence Posts”, “Hay Stacks” and “Ants On A Log”
– DIY Cowboy Tea muslin drink bags + Red gingham and burlap fabrics
– Galvanized buckets & paisley bandana pattern printables by Printable Candee Designs
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Ashley…
I created this party for my son’s first birthday and since he’s named after the famous bull rider Lane Frost, I decided what better than to have a Vintage Cowboy birthday. We found a little saloon right in the middle of Dallas that would be perfect!
Rabbits, chickens, miniature pony’s OH MY! The petting zoo along with the face painting was a huge hit for the kiddos and the adults even enjoyed a little game of corn hole too.
All the decorations and details were thoroughly designed to make it just right! Bringing in cut wood to accent each guest table and vintage props to display for the food items. Lane even had a Sheriff bib to wear!
“Cowboy Tea” – A DIY project. Each one hand stamped and custom sewn out of muslin to fit the juice boxes. Add a paper straw, flag, and complete with a tie of twine.
– Saddle Grinders: PB&J and Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
– Ants on a Log: Celery and Raisins
– Fence Posts: Veggie Straws
– Gone Fishin’: Gold Fish
– Hay Stacks: Haystacks yummies
– A cow print cake made it for the perfect display!
TREATS AND GOODIES
The kids received a doodle book and crayon pack to play with and as people excited each person received a “Thank you for Riding By” Trail Mix baggie to set them along their trail ride home.
– Photography: Southern Mae Photography
– Style & Planning: Ashley Taylor Designs
– Invitations & Paper Products: Printable Candee Designs
– Venue: Barnyard at Park Lane Ranch
– Cake & Cupcakes: Kimberly and Loren’s Sweet Treats