Spectacular Vintage Circus Theme First Birthday

circus theme dessert table

Come one, come all! Step right up to see little Emily’s spectacular Vintage Themed First Birthday by mommy, Cheryl! With cotton candy, a popcorn machine, and fun carnival games, Emily’s big day is a magical sight to behold! (For more Circus Party Ideas go here and here!)

PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:

– Homemade light-up marquee!
– Adorable birthday cake with scalloped bunting + an circus elephant smash cake
– “Popcorn” cupcakes on a ferris wheel + cotton candy votives
– Circus tent dessert table with DIY ribbon fringe
– Homemade matching circus print outfits for Emily, mom, and dad!

vintage kids circus party

circus cake

vintage circus kids table

circus party ideas

popcorn flowers

vintage circus theme party food

elephant and zebra cookies

circus popcorn cupcakes

bunting banner cake

monkey cookies

balloon garland

carnival kissing booth

marquee circus lights

circus theme first birthday

circus party ideas

carnival food

carnival activities

smash cake

vintage circus invitation

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Cheryl

We wanted to throw a huge and memorable 1st birthday for my daughter, Emily’s birthday, so we chose a vintage circus, a theme that people of all ages could enjoy.  Everything you see in the pictures is nearly all DIY. My favorite details from the party were the matching family outfits that we wore that were custom made by me and my mother. My husband made the the Marquee sign out of foam paper, poster paper, and marquee lights! My other favorite detail was the dessert table. Picking out the desserts was like picking out all the possible candies at a candy store! The desserts were all done by a friend. We played a special game for my daughter, which is typical in our culture where she had to pick an object out of various general items on the ground and that object predicts her future interest or personality.

– Printable Food Tags, Banners & Game Signs: Hello My Sweet
– Invitations: miss pok-a-dot
– Photos & Marquee Sign: Cheryl’s Husband
– DIY projects and costumes: Cheryl
– Dessert Table: Friend
– Draping: Concepts Event Design
– Games: My Little Carnival
– Balloons: Balloons & More
– Food: Tender Greens Food

POSTED BY:alyssaHi, I’m Alyssa, and I love seeing all the inspiration on HWTM! Aside for my obvious love of design, parties, and blogging, here are a few random things about me… 1.

24 responses to “Spectacular Vintage Circus Theme First Birthday”

1. @HWTM_Jenn says:

Spectacular Vintage Circus Theme First Birthday!

2. Brandy says:

Is the anyway to find out where she got that Farris wheel?

3. Tee says:

I want to know how they did the multiple pictures in the shot with the caricature. I would love to do that at my daughter’s carnival party!

4. Printables designed by Hello My Sweet, this was left off of the vendor credits! Hello my sweet designed the very large Step Right Up banners, Food Tags and Yellow/Blue games signs.

5. Spectacular Vintage Circus Theme First Birthday

6. @Tendbyglam says:

This circus-themed 1st bday party might be the most adorable thing we have ever seen. Like, for real: via @HWTM_Jenn

7. Spectacular Vintage Circus Theme First Birthday via @alyssaberns

8. […] of balloon garland, I love the use of it at this circus themed party.  Sure is a lot of balloons to blow up […]

9. […] super cool party theme will get your imagination flowing! Fill the room with funky vintage accessories, fun animals, and […]

10. [email protected] says:

Is there a link to who made the invitations? I’ve been searching everywhere online for the perfect invite for my sons birthday and I absolutely love this one. I’d love to know where i can find the creator!

11. […] A multicolor yarn pom backdrop is one of my favorite designs in this incredible Vintage & Rainbow Carnival Party by Kiira Turnbow of Eye Heart Pretty Things! Could you guess ;) Mini food, colorful desserts and tons of thoughtful crafted details celebrated her son’s 3rd birthday in a totally playful way! (And for more Colorful Carnival Ideas look here and here.) […]

12. Leslie harris says:

Where did you get the Farris wheel?

13. malvika says:

Hi, where did you get the ferris wheel? I’ve looked all over and can’t find one. Please help!

14. I am interested in finding out about the ferris wheel please!!

15. Naomi Jaremczuk says:

Love the balloon garland images. I am a graphic designer and I was wondering if you know the source of the balloon images? I would like to inquire about purchasing one of them for use on a website I am designing for a balloon company?

16. Megan Morgan says:

Would LOVE to find a pattern for the mom’s dress for my little one’s bday party. Any insight on what she used or where I can find a pattern similar?

17. […] came across this amazing Vintage Circus Theme 1st Birthday post on Hostess with the Mostess. The pictures are beautiful and the ideas adorable!  It is a much […]

18. [email protected] says:

I am interested in the mom’s dress pattern as well! I LOVE IT! My LO will be One in April and I NEED THIS!

19. Andrea Hines says:

How did you do the strand of balloons?