Come one, come all! Step right up to see little Emily’s spectacular Vintage Themed First Birthday by mommy, Cheryl! With cotton candy, a popcorn machine, and fun carnival games, Emily’s big day is a magical sight to behold! (For more Circus Party Ideas go here and here!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Homemade light-up marquee!
– Adorable birthday cake with scalloped bunting + an circus elephant smash cake
– “Popcorn” cupcakes on a ferris wheel + cotton candy votives
– Circus tent dessert table with DIY ribbon fringe
– Homemade matching circus print outfits for Emily, mom, and dad!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Cheryl…
We wanted to throw a huge and memorable 1st birthday for my daughter, Emily’s birthday, so we chose a vintage circus, a theme that people of all ages could enjoy. Everything you see in the pictures is nearly all DIY. My favorite details from the party were the matching family outfits that we wore that were custom made by me and my mother. My husband made the the Marquee sign out of foam paper, poster paper, and marquee lights! My other favorite detail was the dessert table. Picking out the desserts was like picking out all the possible candies at a candy store! The desserts were all done by a friend. We played a special game for my daughter, which is typical in our culture where she had to pick an object out of various general items on the ground and that object predicts her future interest or personality.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Printable Food Tags, Banners & Game Signs: Hello My Sweet
– Photos & Marquee Sign: Cheryl’s Husband
– DIY projects and costumes: Cheryl
– Dessert Table: Friend
– Draping: Concepts Event Design
– Games: My Little Carnival
– Balloons: Balloons & More
– Food: Tender Greens Food