This super cute Rustic Sock Monkey First Birthday Party by Louise Sanders of Sunshine Shabby just has me smitten! From the burlap and wood textures to the knitted sock monkey pillow and creative candy names, I just want to cuddle this party all up! :) (Fore more sock monkey party ideas go here and here!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Red Velvet Cake, Birthday Boy in Red + Navy Gingham Shirt and Muslin Printed Favor Bags
– Argyle Party Printable Designs + Blue Fabric Striped Dessert Table Banner
– Adorable “Sock Pops” arranged in a kraft paper wrapped bucket embellished with a mini bunting banner
– Monkey Vines, Monkey Nuts and adorable Monkey Bars!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Louise…
We held Big Wills 1st Birthday Party at my home in Durban, South Africa. It was a small gathering of close friends and Family. I just love the Sock Monkey Theme – I hope you do too!
To make a party look great you need to focus on the details. We created this look by using our designs from our latest Sunshine Party printable set – Sock Monkey Inspired. All digital design elements can be printed on a home PC printer and handmade. This makes the party unique and still affordable! All the printed items can be found at SunshineParties on Etsy this includes the Happy Birthday banner, Mini Cake Bunting, Food labels, Cupcake toppers all laid out to create this stunning look.
For the table, we used a blue table cloth with hessian overlays. We made the bunting ourselves.
The birthday Cake was a yummy red velvet layered cake with precious mini bunting on top. We had the cutest sock monkey cake pops. Liquorices hung from a container as Monkey vines. Lint Chocolate personalized with labels to be monkey bars and some very yummy peanut butter cupcakes. Don’t forget the monkey nuts, we used chocolate balls for this!
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Photographer: Louise Sanders
– Party décor and printables: Sunshine Shabby
– Cake and cupcakes: Marlise Ross Cakes