{Pink & Yellow} Polka Dots and Pinwheels First Birthday

pink and yellow dessert table

Mindy put so much heart and thought into celebrating her daughter’s first birthday; she crafted a special {Pink & Yellow} Polka Dots and Pinwheels Party! My favorite part? How all of these decorations are 100% doable- tassel garlands, punch cupcake toppers, simple flowers and festive details like stripey straws!

PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:

– Window pane dessert table backdrop embellished with a pink, yellow & white tissue tassel garland
– Pink frosted cupcakes with DIY circle punch and pinwheel toppers
– Pinwheel hair clip, ‘1’ birthday pin, grey polka dot sweater and a happy smile on the birthday girl!

pinwheel and polka dot first birthday party invitation

birthday girl

mantle decoration ideas

pinwheel party food

pink smash cake

birthday outfit

chalkboard decoration

tulips and pinwheels centerpiece

first birthday party ideas

PARTY DETAILS, as told by Mindy…

As I am sure any mom can relate to, I cannot believe how fast time goes! I have a ONE year old… I cannot believe it. My daughter turned one on March 13, 2013, and we had a party for her on March 9, 2013 at our home. She is truly the light of my life, so I knew I wanted to celebrate the day that changed my husband and my lives in ways we could have never imagined. I didn’t want to have too big of a party because I wanted her to be comfortable and enjoy the day.

We decided on a polka dot and pinwheel theme, and invited around 20 of our closest friends and family. I handmade every single detail of party decor, and loved every second of it. The first component was the boxed invitations that each contained two handmade pinwheels, and then the ideas flowed from there. Food signs, cupcake & cake toppers, tissue paper garland, month banner, favor bags, cake smash stool, and a chalkboard all came to life. I could not be happier with the final outcome, but the best part of the day was Reese had a ball! She greeted everyone with a huge smile, and LOVED when everyone sang her happy birthday. I would do anything to make my lil’ girl smile… because when she smiles everything is right in my world! Happy birthday to my Reesey Pie!

VENDOR CREDITS:

– 1 Pin: mosey
– Hair Clip: Sweet little blossoms

POSTED BY:alyssaHi, I’m Alyssa, and I love seeing all the inspiration on HWTM! Aside for my obvious love of design, parties, and blogging, here are a few random things about me… 1.

25 responses to “{Pink & Yellow} Polka Dots and Pinwheels First Birthday”

1. {Pink & Yellow} Polka Dots and Pinwheels First Birthday http://t.co/ahJhM2tvPn

2. {Pink & Yellow} Polka Dots and Pinwheels First Birthday(via @HWTM_Jenn): Hostess with the Moste… http://t.co/gjkytjP5oe – #Cake Blogs

3. Mindy says:

thank you so much for featuring Reesey’s first birthday party!!!

4. Sara LeMond says:

Wow! What a bright, sweet, fun first birthday party!

5. Bernadette andrews says:

Everything looked beautiful! I’m doing a “pink lemonade” babyshower for my best friend. I want to include some of athe stuff u used. Where did u get the pinwheels, cupcake sticks & label cards?

6. @HWTM_Jenn Thank you you featuring my pinwheel clips! http://t.co/NAXZPWKwms Love your blog!

7. love the sweet colors!!!

8. […] Photo courtesy of Hostess with the Mostess Blog. […]

9. Amanda says:

I love those shoes. Where did you get those?

• Mindy says:

Hi Amanda-
      They were from diapers.com. they no longer have those colors but they have new colors for summer.
      hope that helps!

10. Jory says:

Where did you get the pink and yellow double sided paper you used for the pinwheels?

11. Jen says:

I love the chalboard highlighting milestones during her first year! Where did you find the big chalkboard?

• Mindy says:

thanks Jen! the chalkboard just hangs in our hallway, and i decorated it for the party. i can’t remember where we got it from, but we had it made to cover an ugly breaker box :)
      hope that helps!

12. Amy says:

Love, love, love this idea and I have borrowed nearly all of your ideas for my sweet Caroline’s one year old birthday. Party is next week…I cannot wait!

13. Margaret says:

You did an awesome job! The party is beautiful and your daughter is adorable! I’m doing the same theme for my daughter’s first birthday later this year. Can you tell me where you got the boxes for the invitations? and did they require extra postage?

• Mindy says:

Hi Margaret-
      Sorry for the delay! Thank you for the sweet comment! I am guessing this is too late for your daughter’s birthday, but in case you want them for future use I got the boxes at Paper Source (they do require extra shipping).
      Thanks again!

14. Leigh Rackham says:

Love your daughters bday. I am doing something similar for my daughters 1st birthday her theme is you are my sunshine. I love your little girls grey cardigan. Where is it from? Well done doing all the decorations yourself.

• Mindy says:

Thank you Leigh! Her cardigan was from Target…they have a new version this winter with larger polka-dots. Hope your daughter had a great first birthday. Thanks again!

15. KC says:

Hi, I love this you’re so creative! Did you make all of these? If I wanted to recreate or did you go through someone else? I see that “mosey” is tagged and the shop is on Etsy. Is this the shop where you got the cake bunting and cupcake toppers? Thanks so much!

16. Mindy says:

Hi KC-
    thank you so much for your sweet comment. I only purchased my daughters one pin for her sweater (that is what came from mosey), and the hairclip in her hair. Everything else I made! Thanks again.

17. […] on Hostess with the Mostess, I love this Yellow & Pink Polka Dot and Pinwheels Theme. Again, a great theme inspiration […]

18. […] on Hostess with the Mostess, I love this Yellow & Pink Polka Dot and Pinwheels Theme. Again, a great theme inspiration […]