05 Apr

{Pink, Glitter & Gold} Royal Baby Shower: Recap Part 1 – Theme & Decorations

I’m really excited to share a baby shower I styled & co-hosted for a childhood friend recently who I’ve known since we were 4 years old! Inspired by the look of her nursery, which has sort of a glam/posh princess vibe, I decided to go with a Royal Baby Shower theme that was super playful, glittery, and all just plain girlie all over. :) This was a very large baby shower with about 60 guests, and we definitely went all out!

The palette was pink and gold, and the “royal” vibe was carried through with crowns, scroll banners, and design style of the paper decor, but it was also really important to me to highlight the baby factor, which was the reason for the celebration after all! I wanted to keep things fun & sweet (as opposed to purely “fancy”), so the real stars of the decor were actually cute animal statuettes donning DIY lace crowns, embellished doll furniture, and framed quotes relating to baby and motherhood. I also had a lot of fun with the design of the printables and tried to bring in a touches of playfulness or emotion through the verbiage on the signs. Btw – all of the printables are now available in our shop in both Baby Girl & Baby Boy versions!

There are a lot of details to cover, so I’m splitting this recap into 2 parts. Hope you find some inspiration here for your own “royal themed” event… there are a lot of details that would easily carry through to other occasions like princess birthday parties and royal bridal showers too!

PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:

– Miniature wooden furniture, painted gold and embellished with rhinestones and ribbon
– Bud vases (from Ikea) painted & glitter-dipped
– Playful animal statuettes painted and embellished with sequin trim & DIY lace crowns
– Mini tissue tassel garlands strung across some of the tables
– A special chair for the guest of honor with mini paper “MOM” garland + sparkly sequin chair cover

{Pink, Glitter & Gold} Royal Baby Shower: Recap Part 1 – Theme & Decorations

Visit Hostess Ink to check out all the Royal Baby Shower Printables… we have a blue version for “Little Prince” baby showers too! ;)

PARTY DETAILS

As I mentioned above, the Royal Baby Shower theme was inspired by mom-to-be’s nursery design for her “Tiny Princess”. :) The key elements of the decor were crowns, doll furniture, and playful animals + lots of glitter, sequins, and overall glitz/glam!

There were lots of DIY elements, from the spray-painted animals to the glittered frames and tissue tassel garlands. Here’s an overview of the tables & decorations:

TABLESCAPES & DECOR

Tablescape Highlights:
– Mini tissue tassel garlands made from pink tissue paper & metallic fringe curtain from Party City (DIY Tutorial here)
– Gorgeous tablecloths & napkins from La Tavola + printable paper napkin rings
– Paper chevron table runners cut from a paper roll from Paper Source
– Framed printable quotes displayed in Tolsby frames from Ikea
– Spray-painted animal statuettes  (from HomeGoods) with sequin trim & lace
– Painted and glitter-dipped bud vases (from Ikea)
These were spray painted first, then brushed with mod podge about 1/3 of the way up and covered with glitter… a super easy project!
– Glittered acrylic pacifiers
– Embellished doll furniture (I purchase this set from Amazon + See the DIY Tutorial here)
– DIY lace crowns (check out the tutorial here)
– Tissue fringe stands for the centerpieces: made from candle holders and wooden circles that were covered in patterned or glittered paper and given a tissue paper fringe border. (DIY Tutorial here)
– custom printable paper napkin rings

Other Decor:
– “Wishing Tree” draped with acrylic beads and glittered pacifiers
– Sequin baby shoes (found at HomeGoods)
– Printable “TINY PRINCESS”, baby name and “MOM” garlands

SPECIAL THANKS & CONGRATS

Special thanks to Alyssa, Renee, and Jacque for all their help with the crafting & set up for this shower – this event was a serious undertaking! And also to my friend Paige for lending some of her decor + all of Cindy’s friends that generously donated time & resources to the shower. Much appreciated!

And CONGRATS to Cindy – who is due in 3 weeks with baby Alexa! Can’t wait to meet the tiny princess! :)

VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:

– Event Styling & Design: Hostess with the Mostess
– Stationery Design/Party Printables: Hostess with the Mostess (available on Hostess INK)
– Photographer: Hailey Faria Photography
– Linens: La Tavola Linen (Dupionique Irridence and sequined New York collections)
– Party Elements/Craft Materials: all purchased at HomeGoods, Party City, Michaels, JoAnn, Paper Source and Amazon

34Comments

@PartyBlowout SAYS:

{Pink, Glitter & Gold} Royal Baby Shower: Recap Part 1 – Theme & Decorations http://t.co/s6vLZhGO04

Reply April 5, 2013 at 10:35 am

Tonya Coleman SAYS:

Jenn, this is GORGEOUS! I think this is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE BABY SHOWERS! Makes me want to have another….um….okay…maybe not…but you almost got me! LOVE IT!

Reply April 5, 2013 at 10:52 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Thank you so much, Tonya!! Your sweet comment made my day :)

April 5, 2013 at 11:28 am

celebrationsathome SAYS:

Jenn, you may have outdone your self. Such cute details with the tiny animal crowns and embellished mini furniture.

Reply April 5, 2013 at 11:00 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks, Chris! I will admit a lot of effort went into this one… I was pretty exhausted afterwards, but the creative potential for this theme was just so fun/enticing I couldn’t help myself! ;)

April 5, 2013 at 11:44 am

elizabeth SAYS:

Love the colors and particularly the theme! I just finished designing the invite for my daughter’s own royal celebration. We’ll be going to Disney World with family and friends, but who says you can’t do invites, itineraries and a few more printables for a trip!

Reply April 5, 2013 at 11:36 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Totally agree, Elizabeth! And it’s especially fun to design stuff for your own family anyways – I’ll usually take any excuse to do it too ;) Have fun on the trip – sounds like it’s going to be a blast!

April 5, 2013 at 11:41 am

Hailey N Fernando Faria SAYS:

Love it! Thank you for hiring me Jenn!! This was gorgeous!!

Reply April 5, 2013 at 11:52 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks to you too, Hailey! You were such a good sport in that hot sun, too ;)

April 8, 2013 at 6:16 am

Jessica SAYS:

Absolutely love it! I just helped plan a pink and gold baby shower as well, but with a confetti theme so was particularly drawn to this. I love that you painted the tiny dollhouse furniture—it’s a new idea that I think will totally take off after it makes the rounds. Congrats on a beautiful party!

Reply April 5, 2013 at 12:02 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks so much, Jessica! The confetti theme sounds really cute too – I bet that was a fun shower!

April 8, 2013 at 6:17 am

Mindy SAYS:

I just hosted a 30th birthday/favorite things party in pink gold and glitter! I used your free wine printables and can’t wait to submit it to the HWTM team!

Reply April 5, 2013 at 12:38 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

And we can’t wait to see it! So glad you were able to use the printables! :)

April 8, 2013 at 6:17 am

Kenna @ Miss Party Mom SAYS:

Pretty much my favorite party EVER seen ANYWHERE. What a lucky momma! The mini furniture is amazing and unique and too cute for words- reminds me of my days in toy design!!!

Reply April 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thank you so much for the super sweet comment, Kenna!! Much appreciated :)

April 8, 2013 at 6:18 am

Emily SAYS:

Cute! My daughter’s first birthday is coming up and it’s her ‘golden’ birthday, too, so I’m thinking pink with gold accents. Thanks for lots of decor inspiration! :)

Reply April 5, 2013 at 2:41 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

You’re welcome, Emily! And good luck with the first birthday party – those are always so special… my youngest daughter recently turned one as well :)

April 8, 2013 at 6:19 am

Casey SAYS:

I loved this post so much I included it in my series, Lots of Link Love! I hope you’ll come check it out, maybe visit some other outstanding blogs, and share with your readers! This is GORGEOUS!

XOXO
Casey

Reply April 11, 2013 at 8:29 am

Joan Price SAYS:

This is such a well put together theme! I’m a bit of a design nerd so I’m completely in love with the baby shower invitations! You look so happy. I hope the shower was as great as it looked!

Reply May 1, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Trecha SAYS:

I really loved this shower. can you tell me where you got the crowns you used on the animals?

Reply June 16, 2013 at 10:40 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks, Trecha! We made the crowns using lace & fabric stiffener :) You can find the full DIY tutorial right here.

June 17, 2013 at 3:53 am

Adriana SAYS:

I love the crown you gave the mom-to-be! May I ask where you found it?

Reply July 5, 2013 at 11:26 pm

alyssa SAYS:

Hi Adriana! It’s actually a plastic Princess Crown (find one at the dollar store or Michael’s) spray painted and glittered gold ;)

October 2, 2013 at 9:34 am

Nicole Byrd SAYS:

Hello, can you please tell me were you ordered the printable paper napkin rings and Printable “TINY PRINCESS”, baby name and “MOM” garlands

Reply October 2, 2013 at 8:23 am

alyssa SAYS:

Hi Nicole! They can be found in the HWTM Etsy shop right here. Thanks so much for asking! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact our Etsy team. :)

October 2, 2013 at 9:32 am

Ireille SAYS:

Very pretty. Where did you find the gold sequin chair cover for the mom’s chair?

Reply December 9, 2013 at 12:28 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thank you! I rented the chair cover from La Tavola Linen – the style is “New York”. Here’s the link to their site: http://linens.latavolalinen.com/ :)

December 9, 2013 at 1:02 pm