I’m really excited to share our 2nd MADHOUSE by Michael Aram tablescape with you today… including a bit of behind-the-scenes from the day of the shoot, as this was definitely a new experience for me!
The gorgeous new tableware collection that inspired this design is called Ocean, and I just so happen to live in San Diego, so ….can you guess where I’m headed with this? Yep! Sonny and I decided to take this one to the beach, where things were a bit more challenging to shoot, but looked very much at home in that setting! Plus, the perplexed looks on the faces of fellow beach goers as we carried a banquet table and stacks of chavari chairs down the (small) cliff and out onto the sand was pretty amusing!
We also had lots of curious people stop by to check out the in-progress and finished tablescape, including a sweet older couple that was particularly excited about the whole set-up because, as the gentleman explained enthusiastically “This is exactly how I proposed to my wife!“. From the looks of things that worked out well for him. ;)
THE MADHOUSE OCEAN COLLECTION
I’m especially happy to share that the consistent thing everyone who came by the table commented on was the beautiful dishes. And that didn’t surprise me at all… the Ocean Dinner Plates are made from melamine, but you genuinely might not believe that was true if you held them in your hand. I tested this theory out on some of our “new friends”. ;) The material is extraordinarily substantial, and the finish on the bottom of the plates almost feels like stoneware to me. Tritan™ Tumblers and Translucent Teal Twig Cutlery were the perfect complements to the melamine dishes. Scroll down to see how everything turned out!
The matching paper plates in this collection have metallic accents and are gorgeous too. Here’s a peek at those – and at the fabulous Melamine Sea Urchin Serving Platter:
– Ocean Guest Towels used as dinner napkins & wrapped around silver chargers
– Tritan™ Tumblers embellished with twine and printable party circles (download below)
– DIY Sand dollar garland strung across the table centerpiece
– A mix of natural and silver painted sea shells scattered throughout
– Natural Chivari chairs decorated with ribbon strands that played in the ocean breeze!
– Bright coral fabric (that matched the coral in the napkins) used as a table runner
– Fish net used as a table covering accent on the 2nd display
– Spray painted wine bottles embellished with twine & printables
– Translucent Teal Twig Cutlery at every setting. Seriously, how cool are these?!
OCEAN BREEZE LEMONADE Recipe
2 quarts lemonade
8 oz vodka
2 oz blue curacoa
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher. Serve over ice and ENJOY!
DOWNLOAD THE FREE PRINTABLES
This tablescape includes a free printable “Out to Sea” Beach Banner and 2 Party Circle Designs! Click here to download and enjoy!