19 Apr

Yesterday Pottery Barn Kids released the Ice Cream Shoppe Birthday Party that I styled for them last month, so I’m super excited to finally share it with you today! Ice cream is one of those things that can just instantly make people happy – speaking from personal experience at least ;) – so it’s the perfect inspiration for a party theme… my head was kind of spinning with all of the creative possibilities! The final result has a bit of retro sweet shoppe style + a rainbow sherbet inspired palette with metallic gold accents.

You can find all of the “how to” details and recipes from this ice cream party over on the Pottery Barn Kids website, and I hope you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how easy everything is to put together! If you have questions on anything though, I’d be happy to answer them here. And for the cherry on top…  lots of FREE PRINTABLES! You can view and download them over at PBK as well. You can also download the whipped cream label and patterned papers right here. (Matching invitation and other custom items are available in the HWTM Shop.) ENJOY!

PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:

– “Ice Cream Cone” place settings fashioned from plates + folded napkins
– Mini Cereal Treat “Ice Cream Cones”
– Glittered Whipped Cream Cans
– Yarn ball Ice Cream Cone Garland with gumball “cherries” on top
– Decorated Sugar Cone Party Hats/Headbands

Here’s how the party looks over on  the Pottery Barn Kids website:

You can also browse the full photo gallery with more images here:

And if you’d like matching invitations or prefer to order PERSONALIZED & PRINTED ice cream party collection – those are both available in our Hostess Ink shop!

VENDOR CREDITS:

Sooooooo pretty Jen : )

Reply April 19, 2013 at 4:26 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thank you, Latisha!

April 21, 2013 at 6:30 am

@Blumebox SAYS:

This ice cream party from Hostess with the Mostess and pottery barn kids make me want to be a kid again! Have a… http://t.co/aZGEMvB2Ix

Reply April 19, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Sunny SAYS:

Love this love all the ice cream cone details. Really love that you covered the whipped cream can in glitter. That is pure awesomeness.

Reply April 19, 2013 at 4:41 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks, Sunny! The glittered whipped cream cans were one of my favorite details too :)

April 21, 2013 at 6:30 am

@TSOEvents SAYS:

#TSOEvents Ice Cream Shoppe Birthday Party Theme for Pottery Barn Kids {+ Free Printables!} http://t.co/UUvoTrSLdS

Reply April 19, 2013 at 5:52 pm

mommy SAYS:

Love the party. You did such a great job styling it and thank you for the free printables! Please consider doing boyish versions too, though!

Reply April 19, 2013 at 10:52 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

We actually did 2 themes for PBK, and the other one is a boy theme :) I think it’s going live in June!

April 20, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Bellenza Bistro SAYS:

Your printable collection is just scrumptious! Every single party detail works together perfectly — from the yummy colors to the darling mix and match of dots, stripes, chevron, and waffle patterns!

Reply April 19, 2013 at 11:39 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks! So happy you love the printables :)

April 21, 2013 at 6:32 am

Julia of fight off your demons SAYS:

Wow, the party looks so cute! And the printables really stand out!
Love the whole theme.

Reply April 20, 2013 at 2:22 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks for the kind words, Julia!

April 21, 2013 at 6:32 am

@AllAboutNuptial SAYS:

Ice Cream Shoppe Birthday Party Theme for Pottery Barn Kids {+ Free Printables!} http://t.co/jTFexWrdMn

Reply April 20, 2013 at 3:13 pm

liz SAYS:

What an adorable party! I love all the creative ice cream cone details! The glittery touches are so fun too!

Reply April 20, 2013 at 7:28 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks, Liz! I know some cute little twin girls that might like a party like this! ;)

April 21, 2013 at 6:33 am

Rowaidaa Fl (@Rowaida) SAYS:

Beautiful Jenn Love love it!

Reply April 21, 2013 at 1:22 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks for the kind words, Rowaida!

April 21, 2013 at 6:34 am

Michelle - I DO invitations by michelle SAYS:

Amazing! The yarn ice cream cone garland is my favorite! So adorable and fun!!

Reply April 22, 2013 at 8:19 am

Catherine Holt SAYS:

This party is absolutely gorgeous, I love it. I’d be pretty happy having this as a girls night in!!

Reply April 24, 2013 at 12:42 am

alyssa SAYS:

Wow, sounds like a great idea! I might have to use it ;)

June 10, 2013 at 9:02 am

Synethia SAYS:

I love this. Its the cutest theme I have seen so far. I wish I had done this for my daughters 1st birthday. I am however totally doing this for my sisters baby shower, should we be getting another little lady.

Beautiful job!, Very creative and fun! Love!

Reply April 25, 2013 at 9:35 am

alyssa SAYS:

(Congrats!) Wow that should be so so fun!! We’d love to see photos after the event- you can send them to submissions@hwtm.com :)

September 5, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Birthday Party SAYS:

Nice Post..!! Actually i am also trying to organize a birthday party actually a surprise birthday party for my son and looking some online event organizers for this. Thanks for sharing this..!!

Reply April 25, 2013 at 11:02 pm

SusanB SAYS:

This is so adorable! I saw it on Pottery Barn Kids and was immediately enthralled…and so was my 10 year old son who now wants an ice cream shoppe birthday party! LOL!! So, I’m using blue and green as my colors, but I’m stuck on the punch. Any ideas? Green lime sherbet with lemonade? That might be a bit mouth-puckering. :) Anything else? Thank you for all your great ideas!

Reply April 29, 2013 at 11:47 am

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Susan –
What about Lime Sherbert Punch with ginger ale & pineapple juice? Here’s a recipe from Paula Deen that looks good – and I don’t think you really need the cherry or lemon/lime garnishes if you just want to keep everything simple & green :) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/lime-sherbet-punch-recipe/index.html

You could even just stick with just lemon-lime soda and lime sherbert! Here’s a link to that “recipe” which is very well reviewed. Sometimes simple things can be plenty tasty :) http://www.food.com/recipe/lime-sherbet-7-up-punch-81431

Good luck with the party!

April 29, 2013 at 12:10 pm

alyssa SAYS:

Thanks Susan! How fun! I love the lime sherbet idea, sometimes it’s all about finding a great recipe to make it work! Here’s a great looking one from Paula Deen: http://drinkedin.net/component/content/article/39-recipes/recipes/159306-lime-sherbet-punch.html! Good luck and have fun :)

April 29, 2013 at 12:16 pm