Want SUPER party inspiration? Jessica Guevara of OhSoPrintable celebrated her sons’ 4th birthday with an amazing Avengers Party! Just one look at those adorable felt dolls, chalkboard backdrop, kids costumes, and all incredible details will have you powered up!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Hulk Drinks, Avengers Masks & Cape Kits
– Wooden peg avengers for a “skyscraper” centerpiece
– Felt Avengers Dolls: Captain America, Black Widow, Iron Man, Hulk and Thor!
– A “Smash” Cake, “Hero Up!” Cupcakes and arrow sugar cookies
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jessica…
My little one announced his desire for an Avengers birthday party months before his 4th birthday. I welcomed the challenge. Knowing his favorite color is blue, I decided on an unconventional color scheme of aqua, yellow and gray. I purposefully steered away from the typical super hero color scheme. The printables were designed using comic strips as a source of inspiration.
As I brainstormed ideas, I chose to focus on New York City, its newsstands and street cart foods. The focal point of the dessert table was the skyline of NYC in chalk. Popcorn, pretzels and a hot dog toppings bar were served to highlight the signature foods found on street carts. Avenger masks, capes and handmade Avenger dolls were given as favors. The masks were created thanks to the free download offered by Cutesy Craft. She has many more tutorials and templates on her blog.
For the activity, each child received a “Super Hero Cape Kit” and was able to customize the cape using fabric markers. The set-up of the children’s table was simple, yet fun. Each place setting had a mask, coordinating rock candy, and hulk juice. The adorable hulk faces can be found on Cute As A Fox along with some amazing tutorials and downloads.
The dessert table highlights were Hawkeye cookie pops, Hero Up cupcakes, popcorn in yellow striped containers, and the Hulk SMASH cake. Stacks of newspaper, bottles of lemonade, Avenger dolls and Super Hero cape kits lined the bookcase making reference to the countless newsstands in NYC. My favorite details were the hand stitched Avenger dolls made from wool felt and the wooden peg Avengers sketched and painted by hand.
– Design, Styling, and Party Printables: OhSoPrintable
– Avenger felt and wood peg dolls: OhSoPrintable
– Photography: Evie Photography
– Gable boxes and Gray Striped Straws: Garnish
– Yellow Striped Popcorn Boxes: Tomkat Studio
– Cake: Aura’s Cakes
– Vinyl Creations: Faith Cookies and Crafts
– Cookie Pops: Guilty Confections by Lacey
– Cupcake Toppers: Kima’s Konfections