Amber of Amber V Photgraphy hand made this entire Colorful Sesame Street Birthday Party for her son Eli! She crafted an amazing party (with a little help from mom!), from the cute character cupcakes and “Hoopers Store” to the outdoor games, dessert table backdrop and tons more! (For more Sesame Street Party Ideas go here!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Ernie’s Bubble Bath, Oscar’s Garbage Toss and Zoe’s Dance Floor
– Grovers “Juice Up” Station: blue juice with capes, red stripe straws & “Super Juice” labels
– Oscar, Elmo & Cookie Monster Favors
– Abby Cadabby’s Magic Wands, Big Birds Egg Casserole + Elmo’s Goldfish
– Sesame Street Sign, Oscars Trash Can & Carboard painted Elmo for a themed photo booth!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Amber…
This Party is completely DIY. We hand-made everything. It was an absolute labor of love by my mom and me!
I wanted something fun and punchy for the backdrop. I thought about all the cheap frames I had gotten from garage sales and stored in the garage. I threw a little red spray paint on a few of them and printed out some fun prints to go inside. I added little fabric bunting and tissue paper pom poms and I had myself a backdrop that truly celebrated my birthday boy. I decorated the cake with buttercream and fondant, as well as the character cupcakes.
Each of the foods served were associated with a specific Sesame Street character. But I think the drinks may have been my favorite! “Juice up” with Grover’s Super Juice. Who doesn’t want a drink with a cape?
Elmo was at the door to welcome all the guests to Sesame Street. And there were lots of fun games and activities to keep the guests busy, including a cardboard “Hooper’s Store” where the children could put on puppet shows.
To say thank you, each guest got to choose a cup with their favorite character and a few goodies inside.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Photography: Amber V Photgraphy
– Cake: Amber
– Supplies: Hobby Lobby, Wal-mart, Dollar Tree