For a beautiful baby you have to have an equally stunning first birthday party to match! ;) Angie Bae of Angi & Co designed Eliana’s Gorgeous Pink & Teal Modern Dol Celebration with unbelievable cakes and elegant photos displays! The soft mix of colors and paper, fresh & fondant florals brought a clean, vintage style to the day!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Pink flower embellished white ruffle cake, small pink cake and tiered teal cake
– Wooden chalkboard heart escort cards and manzanita branch photo tree
– Pink Crepe Paper Flowers and Doljabi Raffle Charms
– Pink Pocky, Teal Rock Candy, Strawberry Milk & Heart Cookies
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Angie…
THEME & INSPIRATION
For Eliana’s 1st birthday/Korean Dol, we were inspired by a photo of a tiered ruffle cake & a photo of beautiful pink/blue cupcakes that became our color palette. Eliana’s mom loved the softness and mix of colors which we incorporated throughout all the details of this special occasion.
As guests entered, they were directed to their seats with wooden chalkboard hearts and a manzanita photo tree. On the “dolsang” / head table, we displayed a trio of ruffle cakes along with varied height floral arrangements in pinks, green and white. We also included crepe paper peony flowers in crystal candle holders to accent the sugar and fresh flowers for a clean but romantic look. A soft pink banner with Eliana’s name was printed as our backdrop. For centerpieces, wach table had alternating high and low arrangements of manzanita branches with hanging flowers, peonies, roses and hydrangeas. At each place setting, we added to the textures of flowers by greeting guests with a handmade DIY crepe paper peony. These were made following this Martha Stewart tutorial.
DOLJABI CEREMONY & RAFFLE
The highlight of the Korean 1st birthday is the doljabi, a ceremony where the baby chooses an item that will foretell her future occupation. For the doljabi raffle, we gave guests 2 matching numbered charms and asked them to drop one in the container showing the item they thought Eliana would choose. After the doljabi ceremony (she picked the gavel!), we selected raffle winners from those who guessed correctly. Guests had a great time cheering Eliana on!
Guests were welcomed to a dessert/candy bar that included candies and baked goods including strawberry Pocky sticks, cookies, macarons, cake pops, marshmallows, strawberry milk and more. Eliana’s young friends received customized canvas bags or mini cardboard suitcases filled with age appropriate goodies.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Event Planning/Design: Angi & Co
– Photography: Story by Mia
– Cakes & Cupcakes: Cakes by Christine NY
– Cake Pops, Linzer & Sable Cookies: Big City Little Sweets
– Sugar Cookies: Meli & Angi
– Macarons: K Macarons
– Florals: Bloom in Style
– Customized canvas bags: Paper Nook
– Mini cardboard suitcases: Paper Presentation
– Chalkboard Hearts: Morgann Hill Designs
– Venue: Waterside Restaurant