If you have a gorgeous mommy-to-be named Tiffany… you are obligated to throw her a glitzy and glamorous ”Breakfast with Tiffany” Baby Shower! ;) Jen Carver of Banner Events flawlessly styled this chic brunch with pops of silver, exquisite desserts, and gorgeous printables by Anders Ruff!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Tiffany’s jewelry box cake + baby bottle, flower & carriage cupcake toppers
– Onesie sugar cookies, 3D printables baby carriages & “Sweet Baby” drink station
– Embroidered vest onesies and baby bow ties
– Addorted muffins, pancakes, bagels + cream cheese & yogurt parfaits
– Decorated diaper cake and pearl embellished entry wreath
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jen Carver…
When you have a gorgeous & glamorous friend named Tiffany who just so happens to be expecting a baby boy, hosting a Breakfast at Tiffany’s Baby Shower is a no-brainer. (This theme is so versatile! Think: bridal shower, baby shower, birthday and more! Substitute any special mom or bride-to-be’s name for equally as much fun!)
Inspired by the 1961 film, starring the beautiful Audrey Hepburn, my friend Vivian and I wanted to create a pretty breakfast setting with pops of glitz and glamour. We recruited some of the best in the graphic design, event planning, baking, clothing & accessory businesses to help us with this special celebration. (Be sure to check out the amazing vendor list below to recreate our look!) A big “thank you” to our talented friend, Rochelle Pettingill for capturing the fun of the day with her photography.
Guests received gorgeous invitations designed by Maureen of Anders Ruff Custom Designs inviting them to come join us for “Breakfast with Tiffany.” I love the vintage pram-style baby buggy logo used throughout the designs. Because our guest of honor requested a diaper shower, Maureen created a darling enclosure card (in lieu of baby registry info) with a little poem inviting guests to help Tiffany stock her diaper & wipe supply. The invitation suite, including the custom address wrap were so classy with the Moroccan design, decorative frame, flourishes & formal script.
Guests were greeted with this beautiful vinyl “Breakfast at Tiffany’s sign when they entered (Ten23 Designs). This was such a fun detail to set the stage for a themed event. Breakfast was served from a buffet counter, covered in coordinating tablecloths and accented with a lovely tissue fringe garland (One Stylish Party) & fresh flower ranunculas arrangements. We added some fun special touches, such as vinyl baby buggy accents on the vases and utensil holders. Some of my favorite details were the napkins wrapped in gorgeous ribbon with little silver carriage charms. A yummy white chocolate baby pop accompanied each one! (Something Chic did an amazing job on those details!)
A variety of beverage options were available from our beverage station. One of my favorite DIY ideas from this event was the circle garland we created by punching out several circle sizes from coordinating cardstock and stitching them together with a sewing machine. It added some bling and interest to the large sliding glass window overlooking a very cloudy day. Notice the cute printable bunting? It’s part of the coordinating printable package from Anders Ruff.
Apothecary jars were dressed up with rhinestone studded ribbon & party printables and filled with coordinating shimmer gumballs from SmashCake Studio. (Gumballs are a great way to tie in party colors & can also serve as a take home favor.) Along with another darling printable banner and perfect little blue satin bow wrapped boxes, the mantle was decorated with the most adorable baby buggy favors custom made by Piggy Bank Parties. (We filled these with coordinating wrapped mini chocolate bars for guests to take home.) The focal point of our mantle was a custom designed platter with vinyl lettering & coordinating baby buggy (Creative Designs by Toni ).
Throughout the event space, we carried the diaper shower concept. A diaper shaped bunting hung from a sofa table. A beautiful 3-tiered custom diaper cake was the centerpiece at the welcome table. A custom crafted diaper bag, designed by SookEe Designs was filled with beautiful newborn essentials and accessories from the talented vendors Mainely Applique, A Piece of Crochet, & Baybloom. From minkie blankets, to appliqued onesies and burp cloths to a tie/bow tie combo and a hand crocheted diaper cover & bow tie.
Our decor even carried over to the guest of honor’s children. Custom hair accessories were made for the beautiful daughters of the expectant mother by Giddy Up & Grow. It was fun to have a few photos taken of our sweet friend and her daughters. Doesn’t the confetti balloon and tassel garland add such an element of fun to their photo?
FOOD & DRINK
With a guest list of over 60, our greatest challenge with this event was coming up with a breakfast menu that was A.) palate pleasing B.) affordable and C.) manageable. After all, we wanted to be able to ‘enjoy’ breakfast with Tiffany too. I think you will find our menu fit these perameters nicely.
– Petite pancake stacks: with mint leaf & blueberry garnish & syrup drizzle accessorized with printable party flags from Anders Ruff’s collection & pearl accents– –French toast sticks with syrup sauce served in petite glasses accented with printable 1″ monogram circle accents
– Bacon skewers (kept warm in a chafing dish)
– Sausage links (kept warm in a chafing dish)
– Mini Quiche served in tasting spoons
– Fresh fruit cups served in accessorized individual portion cups. Aren’t the scallop labels cute? You can find them in Anders Ruff’s printable package.
– Mini Yogurt granola parfaits served in dessert parfait glasses & embellished with ribbon & 1″ circle monograms from AR’s printable package
– Homemade muffins (banana, blueberry and cinnamon) served in polka dot muffin cups
– Cinnamon Roll ‘Rattles’ (created with Glitterstix from Desserts & Designs).
– Powdered sugar donut towers (an easy but impressive DIY project)
– Beverages included: 1% milk, orange juice, apple juice, white grape juice and mango juice. Beverage glasses were dressed up with coordinating labels with fun striped straws accented by blinged out party flags.
If you want to excite guests, be sure to have a take away dessert table. Because our shower was an open house style brunch, we wanted a beautiful display of desserts that guests could nibble on during the shower, but could also take to go. We created the beautiful background using our DIY PVC pipe backdrop stand (see tutorial here) and some inexpensive curtain panels from IKEA. An old picture frame received a makeover with a coat of silver spray paint and was a perfect focal point for our 16 x20 welcome sign (printed for a few dollars at Office Depot). Most of the decor and serving trays were gathered from things I had on hand. The tiered stands were an inexpensive DIY project using 3 different sizes of centerpiece mirrors from Wholesale Event Solutions. I simply attached the mirrors to glass candlesticks from the Dollar Tree. They were so easy to put together and worked perfectly to hold beautiful custom desserts made by Cakealicious by Reem, Evie and Mallow, Fondant Flinger & Edible Details. Another tiered stand held shiny silver chargers from Wholesale Event Solutions, filled with additional sweet treats from Flour Child and others previously mentioned. Notice the exquisite blossom & petite cups that the meringues, truffles and cake balls were displayed in (Via Blossom). Silver trays were home to beautiful baby onesie cookies baked and decorated by Flour Child. And of course, the beautiful cake by 4 Kids Cakes was the main attraction. It was as equally delicious as it was beautiful with delicate sugar flowers and beautiful fondant detailing. The cake was almost entirely edible from top to bottom.
Most of our guests prefer socializing over organized shower games. Our open house style shower allowed plenty of time for eating & gabbing. However, we did want to leave our guest of honor with a fun remembrance of her special day. Guests were invited to leave a sweet message for the mom-to-be and baby on these adorable diaper notes made by Anders Ruff. At the end of the shower, we drew 2 diaper notes to receive a door prize – these darling little black purse manicure sets from Wholesale Event Solutions.
Guests certainly didn’t leave empty handed. Beautiful favor boxes contributed by Val at Greyson Design housed scrumptious cupcakes baked by 4Kids Cakes & embellished with satin ribbon and custom thank you tags. Guests also had the option to fill the adorable baby buggy favor boxes with treats from the dessert table.
Breakfast with Tiffany was enjoyed by all!
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Event Concept & Styling: Jen Carver, Banner Events
– Assistant Event Stylist: Vivian Kerr, Kerr Kreations
– Photographer: Rochelle Pettingill
– Graphic Design Suite & Invitation: Anders Ruff Custom Designs
– Centerpiece mirrors, little black purse manicure sets, high heel cake server, glass vases, black baroque frames/placecard holders, silver chargers: Wholesale Event Solutions
– Baby buggy party favor boxes: Piggy Bank Parties
– Crocheted diaper cover & bow tie: A Piece of Crochet
– Diaper cake: Simply Shontay Diaper & Towel Cakes
– Onesie sugar cookies: Flour Child
– Cake & cupcakes: 4 Kids Cakes
– Fondant cupcake toppers (gift boxes with bows): Edible Details
– Fondant cupcake toppers (rattle, baby buggy, bottle): Fondant Flinger
– Napkins w/ ribbon wraps & carriage charms, white chocolate baby suckers, lidded white oatmeal/fruit cups & wooden spoons: Something Chic
– Blue cupcake boxes, Custom created door wreath: Greyson Design
– Decorative platter with vinyl baby buggy logo: Creative Designs by Toni
– Jumbo confetti balloon & tissue garland: One Stylish Party
– Custom cupcake wrappers: A Little Lollipop Tree
– Custom vinyl decor for archway, vases, etc: Ten23 Designs
– Custom diaper bag, minkie blanket, burp cloths: SookEe Designs
– Polka dot blossom dessert cups, silver petite cups, petite glasses, striped straws: Via Blossom
– Custom appliqued onesies & burpcloths: Mainely Applique
– Silver & blue glitterstix: Desserts & Designs
– Gourmet cake balls: Evie and Mallow
– Shimmer gumballs (white & blue): SmashCake Studio
– Custom Tiffany inspired hair bows: Giddy Up & Grow
– Gourmet desserts (sparkled sugar cookies, coconut macaroons, meringues, cake truffles, clear lollipops, marshmallows: Cakealicious by Reem
– Custom handmade bow ties & ties: Baybloom
You might also like
Sorry, no posts found