Are you ready to ROCK? Mom, Vanessa of Vanessa Grant Events pulled together a great show for her son Wylands’ 3rd birthday! A record decorated dessert table, Rockstar Stage and more Creative Rockstar Birthday Party Ideas are sure to make you feel the music. (View more rockstar ideas here and here!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Gold stars, black stripes and mint green color palette
- Rockin’ guitar + microphone cake pops (displayed in a crafted drum!)
- Creative DIY Rockstar Stage for “rock out sessions”
- Music note, guitar & star cupcake toppers!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Vanessa…
My son is a huge Foo Fighters fan, he knows every song, all of the members of the band and even what guitar Dave Grohl (lead singer) uses. This is nothing we pushed on him at all, in fact my love for the band started only after my son’s obsession. He heard the song Rope when he was just a baby and his love affair with the band took off. At 2.5 I asked him what kind of party he wanted for this third birthday and he enthusiastically exclaimed “ROCK STAR PARTY!” a no brainer really.
Most of the elements were designed and created by VGE, there are quite a few of DIY projects including the guitar piñata, glitter birthday candle, marquee, all favors, personalized desserts, printables, stage, centerpieces, food, custom record labels, cake and topper, cutlery…
- Decorate your guitar: I set out some card stock guitar cutouts, crayons and rock star themed felt stickers and let the kids get creative. They proceeded to take their masterpieces to the “concert arena” and rocked out to some themed music we had playing throughout the night.
- Rock out sessions: encourage by a basket full of instruments, glow sticks and themed accessories.
- Birthday Boy Show: His “fans” sat attentively in front of the stage as he slammed on the drums singing along to his favorite FF song.
- The kids were to dance along to a music video until it was paused, the last child to freeze was eliminated.
- Finally we encouraged each child to go up on stage and pick a few members for their band, come up with a cool name and put on a show while the rest of the party watched and cheered on.