Let’s “dig in” to this Creative Tool Time Party that Amanda of Dixie Delights built for her son’s 4th birthday! Whit was the man of the hour in his hammer shirt and yellow construction hat, building his own toolbox and hammering away at those adorable sugar cookies! ;)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Water bottles with chevron “crew coolers” label
– Red chevron dessert table with a task force tool box, cupcakes in a dump truck & hammer cookies
– Creative DIY Red Oreo Sparkler “Cake”
– Construction stations: Lincoln Logs, tool themed coloring book & mega blocks!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Amanda…
When it came time to plan my son’s fourth birthday party, we didn’t consider anything but a tool theme! Since red party gear is so easy to come by this time of the year, we went with a red and gray color scheme and added decorations we already had around the house like dump trucks and tool boxes! I “slip covered” a painting hung on the porch with kraft paper and decorated it with fabric tools and pennant banners to match the invitation. Red chevron fabric made for a great themed table cloth! For the dining table and activity tables, I simply covered them in kraft paper and used red and white craft paint to dress them up with polka dots.
Since it was a late afternoon party we served party goers a light snack in party bags labeled “Dig In” and waters embellished with a “Crew Cooler” message. An easy DIY tiered Oreo cookie cake with sparkler candles stole the show!
We had ten little ones to entertain and set up various construction themed stations in the yard. The build your own toolbox station was by far the favorite! I prepainted the kit pieces with chalkboard spray paint and provided tons of colored chalk for decorating fun. The kids were completely entertained between that and Mega Blocks, Lincoln Logs, a DIY activity book and my son’s tool bench.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Invitation and Activity Book: Dixie Delights
– Kids table and chair rental: A-1 Rentals
– Balloons, Plates, Napkins: Party City
– Kraft Paper and Red Bags: WalMart
– Zig Zag Fabric: Fabric.com
– Wood Craft Tool Box Kits: Craft Kits & Supplies
– Chalkboard Spray Paint: Michael’s
– Construction Hats: Oriental Trading Company