Khalilah of A Boxed Event styled this Beachy Blue Starfish Inspired Wedding for Ben and Taylor Bayless. Pairing fresh florals, fun elements (like a starfish decorated corn hole game) and a teal and bright blue color palette made this North Carolina wedding feel almost beachy! But this best thing about this celebration is the couple- they look beautifully in love and absolutely stunning!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Stunning Cupcake Tower (topped with cute black & white bow embellished starfish!)
– Hydrangea centerpieces paired with candles and teal lanterns
– White crackled “Love is Sweet” Candy Bar sign + starfish stamped boxes
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Khalilah…
Ben and Taylor Found me at a wedding show where my look was themed “The Secret Garden” – We decided to turf a pathway of the floor of the balcony in a historic venue with sod that led the brides to the garden. Taylor and I chatted a few times and discussed her vision and decided it was a good fit after a staging and Ben who lived out of town at the time was able to make a staging !
Their fun wedding took place at The Terraces at Sir Tyler and boy as you can see by the pictures it was a blast. Taylor and her girls repped makeup at the venue then headed over to the ceremony sight- We instantly fell in love with the letter her dad had written her that they had made into a large sign and crackled expresing his long and giving his blessing.
Guests enjoyed a church ceremony at Port City Community Church and then headed over to the reception for a Blue Somewhat Seaside Vintage wedding- Seaside meaning Starfish which was a must for Taylor . We created her florals in mahagony wooden boxes and stayed within her color palette of soft nuetrals. It blended perfectly with the look of the venue and the style.
If I had one thing to say about this couple it would be that I know after meeting them both that they were very much in love and we were honored to be a small part of such an amazing expression of commitment to each other.
– Make up: Brandy Herring for Mary Kay
– Dress: Fountaine Bridals
– Linens and other rentals: L & L Tent Rentals
– Event Styling & Floral design: Khalilah O. for A Boxed Event
– Ceremony Venue: Port City Community Church
– Reception Venue: The Terraces at Sir Tyler
– Photography: Paula Andrea Photography