This ain’t my first rodeo, but I sure felt excited upon seeing this joint Wild West Cowboy Party for a first & fourth birthday! Meredith of MJ Paperie & Party Design designed the graphic invitation, and mommy Tiffanie did the rest! From the country fabric & decor to the amazing cardboard town & cowboy costumes, everyone was dressed to giddy up and celebrate!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– DIY Wild West Cardboard Box Town (with a jail, general store & outhouse!)
– Cowboy Crunch Popcorn Bar with flavored toppings + Root Beer Float Station
– Western Food: smokin BBQ sliders, outlaw chili pies, and tater soup!
– ‘This is my First Rodeo’ & ‘This ain’t my First Rodeo’ photo booth signs for the birthday boys
– Pony rides & pin the mustache on the cowboy activities
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Tiffanie…
We live in OK and what better way to kick off fall than with a cowboy birthday party for our 1 year old, Sutton and our 4 year old, Brooks. Their birthdays are 3 days apart so we had a combined cowboy bash! My favorite part of the whole party was the cute fabric. A local photographer was selling some extra fabric so we bought several “cowboy” fabrics and ran with it! The stripes felt cowboy but wasnt your typical denim. With a cowboy theme there are SOOOO many great ideas, so it was hard to narrow everything down!
FOOD & DRINK
For food, we served: smokin BBQ sliders, outlaw chili pies, and tater soup! Perfect for cold weather! We also served hot apple cider to go along with it! For sweets, we served two-step pecan square, Oreo bullets (balls), cow patties (cookies) and toffee! The cowboy crunch popcorn bar was one of my favorites! We served popcorn with different toppings (white cheddar, buffalo wing, bacon cheddar, and Parmesan garlic).
DECOR, ACTIVITIES & FAVORS
For decor, we used the awesome striped fabric and picked flowers out by the barn combined with brush and stuck those into jars. We also played country western music, had ‘Winnie’ the horse for kids to ride on, stick horses for the kids and several take home favors like foam pistols, star badges, etc. It was no doubt, a cow-pokin’ good time!
– Photography: Micah Folsom Photography
– Wooden spoons: InTheClear
– Cake: Cake Filley
– Cowboy Hats, Guns, Sheriff Badges, Mustaches, Bandana Cups & Blue Popcorn Boxes: Oriental Trading
– Invites, Straws & Paper Cups: MJ Paperie
– Glow Sticks & Red Popcorn Boxes: Target