This Rainbow First Birthday is bursting with color and style by Kenna of Miss Party Mom Event Planning! The vibrant dessert table and outdoor decor have adorable bird flare, all for her little Birdie! (For more rainbow party ideas go here, here and here!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Colorful crepe paper bird nests + “Hello”, pinwheel, crayon and gift wrapped box centerpieces
– Italian Soda Station, rainbow ball pit and a colorful taco bar!
– Candy rainbow cupcakes with cloud and blue sky frosting
– Creative DIY Rainbow bunting banner made of paint chips!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Kenna…
I created this Colorful Birds Party for my 1 year old daughter Birdie this Summer. I picked out her theme weeks after she was born and started collecting party decor when she was 6 weeks old! Crazy– I know! My good friend Hannah handmade all of the baked goods, including the adorable custom designed bird sugar cookies. My friend Jodi came up with the cutest graphic packaging for them as well as all of the other graphics for the party. We had a kid friendly Taco Bar set up and we served up Italian Sodas in rainbow colors which everyone loved! We used “Happy Bird Day” as our party slogan and people really got a kick out of it!
CENTERPIECES & DECOR
Each table’s centerpiece was different, from gumballs & a pin wheel to a colorful streamer filled nest for the bird house. These were my favorite decorations to make it all! I created a foam core board with photos in colorful frames of Birdie from birth to 12 months that I placed over the gift table to give it a fun background to check out. I used tulle in lots of fun colors to decorate the top of our roofless cabana and in the center I strung paper lanterns in all different sizes and colors.
I sewed the rainbow canopy so that all of our dessert treats would be safe in the sun, as I knew it was going to be a hot day. My husband made the base out of PVC piping. For the background of the dessert table I used all the colors of the rainbow and spray painted plastic dish drying mats. I also hung colorful birds attached to bird houses on fishing line from the top of the canopy. In between those were colorful circle punches that my friend Jennifer dutifully strung together.
I had a slew of friends helping me out in the days before with tying bows on our mini gumball machine favors (for the older kids) and placing our sippy cups favors filled with colorful goldfish (for the babies) in there baggies.
I had a baby ball pit which the 1 year old’s really loved! All of the kids got custom made “A Little Birdie Told Me…” loot bags to fill with pinata candy and their favors from the dessert & favor table. We set up a plastic rainbow table cloth as the backdrop for our photo booth- lots of families took fun photos on it!
– Party concept & Styling: Miss Party Mom
– Cupcakes, Smash Cake, Cake Pops, Jello Cups and Sugar Cookies: Hannah Henry
– All party graphics: Jodi Broglio
– Party Invitation (in frame): Carli of Dimple Prints
– Photography: Christina Landeros of Moments Captured Photography
– Birdie’s Rainbow Flower Headband: Isabella’s Accessories
– Birds & Bird Houses: Michael’s Crafts
– Mini Gumball Machines: Amazon
– Plastic Dish Mats: The Dollar Store
– Paper Lanterns: Luna Bazaar
– Tulle and other fabrics: Joann’s Fabrics
– Baby Pool & Balls for ball pit: Walmart
– Bird Napkins: Ikea