Aracely of Minted and Vintage shared some beautiful quality time with her little one for a Dainty Mommy and Me Tea Party! With a blanket set under the trees, vintage furniture & a charming mini tea table, this is one pretty pink picnic date! For more pink playdate ideas click here and here.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Vintage cake stands, teacups, teapots, dessert plates & milk glass vases to display the mini pink treats
- Draped fabric chair back with a glitter teapot and paper rosette
- Pink tea with colored sugar hearts and old-fashioned rock candy sticks
- Mini buttercream iced cakes, rose cakes, & cupcakes topped with raspberries
- Vintage window panes, tea cart & wooden dollhouse decor
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Aracely…
Since my little one just turned 2, I thought it would be a great opportunity to set up a tea table and other sweet stations under the trees while enjoying some quality mommy and me time over a nice cup of tea.
I used a variety of cake stands, teacups, teapots, dessert plates, milk glass vases and compotes, from my Minted and Vintage collection of rentals to display the yummy desserts.
Everything was kept child sized to make it easy for my 2 year old to enjoy. From the child sized teacups and white chiavari chairs, to the mini cakes and cupcakes, and cake pops she had a blast having everything at her reach and just her size.
We served pink tea with colored sugar hearts and old-fashioned rock candy sticks. The table, tea cart, and wooden dollhouse, displayed a variety of buttercream iced mini cakes, individual rose cakes, mini pink cheesecakes, cupcakes topped with raspberries, coconut and chocolate brigadeiros, cake pops, chocolate dipped french macarons, heart shaped petit fours, meringues, and marshmallows.
For the heart shaped petit fours, I used a pound cake ice cubes recipe, from Amy Atlas’ Sweet Designs book, but instead of doing them cube shaped I used a small heart shaped cookie cutter, and decorated with sugar pearls and hearts, I just loved how they came out!
This mommy and me tea party under the trees was such a sweet memory! I think it’s a great alternative for subsequent birthdays after having a big 1st birthday celebration as it allowed me to spend quality time with my girl (and her favorite dolls) and give her all of my undivided attention.
- Photography: Sienna Rose Photography
- Cake stands, dessert plates, teacups, teapots, vintage milk glass vases, tea cart & florals: Minted and Vintage
- Iron stair stand, dollhouse bookcase, vintage window panes & white side table: This & That Vintage Rentals
- Mini cupcakes & mini cheesecakes: The Sunday Sweet
- French macarons: Le Pop Shop
- Coconut delight & classic chocolate brigadeiros: Simply Brigadeiros
- Buttercream cakes, meringues & mini cakes: Lucky Treats
- Cake pops: Melrose Baking & Party Décor
- Paper straws, pink & white polkadot favor boxes & paper baking cups: The Tomkat Studio