18 Jan

Robot Baby Shower for Pottery Barn Kids {+ FREE Printables!}

I’m so excited to share the Robot Baby Shower theme that I styled for Pottery Barn Kids with you today – which they’ve playfully dubbed “Bundle of Bots”! Best news of all? This one comes with FREE downloads of all the robot party printables that I designed for this shoot. Enjoy! Coordinating custom items like invitations are available on Hostess Ink.

Everything is covered in detail over on the PBK website – from how-to info on each of the party details to recipes for the super easy “Spare Parts” Pasta Salad and “Nuts & Bolts” Snack Mix. Here’s a screenshot from PBK:

Robot Mom + Baby Bot

The felt “mom” robot pictured above was probably my personal favorite detail from this theme… she was inspired by a plush robot toy I’d seen… but being the non-seamstress I am (sigh…), I needed to figure out an easier way to make a cute robot that didn’t require sewing. The solution? Empty gift boxes covered in (hot glued) felt! Yarn, buttons, and bamboo skewer “antennas” were used to add pops of cuteness and color.

Robot Baby Shower for Pottery Barn Kids {+ FREE Printables!}

Scroll down for a closer look at some of the robot party details… and if you like the look of this theme but want something a little girlier for your favorite mom-to-be, we also have a Pink/Orange/Yellow version of the printables available on Ink!

Robot Baby Shower for Pottery Barn Kids {+ FREE Printables!}

For the full recap and DIY Tutorials go click here! To download the FREE Printables click here!

VENDOR CREDITS:

– Styling & Printable Design: Jennifer Sbranti for Hostess with the Mostess
– Chevron wood spoons: Sucre Shop
– Display Tower: The Cupcake Tower
– Cake Pops: KCreative Cake Pops

33Comments

Jenny Raulli- Bloom Designs SAYS:

CONGRATULATIONS! The shower is amazing! What a great theme.

Reply January 18, 2013 at 10:13 am

Amy Cluck SAYS:

Beautiful! Could you tell me where the aqua cupcake liners came from? I’m having trouble finding that color for my wedding cupcakes.

Reply January 18, 2013 at 12:28 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Amy –
The aqua cupcake liners were purchased at Michaels! You should also check out Shop Sweet Lulu though – she has tons of great cupcake liners. Here’s the link: http://www.shopsweetlulu.com/category/Cupcake-Liners/c73pg

Good luck!
Jenn :)

January 21, 2013 at 1:03 pm

The Cupcake Tower SAYS:

You are so talented and you make our Cupcake Tower looking amazing every time!

Reply January 18, 2013 at 11:13 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Thanks, Jennifer! It’s pretty easy to make a great product look great though! ;)

January 21, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Ledingham SAYS:

This robot party looks great. Love all the styling.

Reply January 18, 2013 at 6:23 pm

sandra@ribbonsandfavors.com SAYS:

Very cute. I wish I could say it was my idea,but it was one of our creative customers used our white kraft boxes, which come in different sizes, to create robots for a themed party. No sewing involved!

Reply January 20, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Ribbons and Favors SAYS:

Check out this cute party theme! Our White Kraft Favor Boxes make the perfect robot canvas for you to decorate.

Reply January 21, 2013 at 1:35 am

Jennifer Gentry SAYS:

Love this!! I am working on a party right now, and would love to know how you made those cute thought bubbles for the table! Thanks for any help :)

Reply January 25, 2013 at 7:05 am

alyssa SAYS:

We used wooden shapes with spray adhesive, then dusted them with glitter, then to seal the glitter use a layer of laquer. Also, just a quick tip, this can make your hands extremely sticky so we recommend wearing gloves. Thanks for asking, good luck crafting and please upload an album after your party- we’d love to see how it all turns out!!

January 25, 2013 at 8:56 am

Jennifer Gentry SAYS:

Thanks so much :)

January 25, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Christa Morgan SAYS:

This could not have been posted at a better time. I am throwing a baby shower for my sister-in-law next month for her new baby boy and the theme is robots! Her colors are grey and yellow and this is cute, but not too cute-sy. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Reply February 5, 2013 at 7:22 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

So happy to hear that, Christa! Good luck with the party! :)

February 6, 2013 at 7:11 am

Nicole SAYS:

Where did you get the pacifiers? I’ve seen them in various colors on some of your different blogs and would love to know how I can get my hands on some for my sister’s baby shower.
Thanks!

Reply April 29, 2013 at 4:50 pm

jenn s. SAYS:

Hi Nicole – They’re actually acrylic pacifiers that we add glitter too… you can get them at Michaels, Party City, Amazon, and a bunch of other places if you just google “acrylic pacifiers”. They usually start out blue or pink, then we cover them with spray adhesive and shake glitter over them. A little messy but super easy :) Hope that helps!

April 30, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Barbara SAYS:

Absolutely stunning! Is there any other way to download the free printables? It appears as though the Pottery Barn website (http://www.potterybarnkids.com/) cannot be accessed. I don’t know whether it is location-related, as the error states: “Sorry, due to website restrictions we are unable to display the requested page”. I am trying to access the website from South Africa?

Reply May 20, 2013 at 4:53 am

Justine Temke SAYS:

Hi, i love this party theme, i am throwing a baby shower for my best friend i would love to order some of those articles from you. I am just wondering if you could let me know how you made those pompoms? thanks

Reply January 29, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Justine SAYS:

Reply January 29, 2014 at 9:58 am

Ike SAYS:

I love this robot theme. how many of the decorations can be made from printables? The robot toppers are super cute.

Reply April 9, 2014 at 11:54 am

Aisha SAYS:

Hi! I am trying to download the printables to prepare for my baby shower next month and am unable to print. The screen shows up black but you can see the silhouette of the bots.
I’ve already had the invitation designed with this bot theme so I need these printables.
Please help!!!!

Reply October 17, 2014 at 8:31 am

Aisha SAYS:

Got it! A little tinkering got the images to show up! thank you for sharing such cute designs!

Reply October 17, 2014 at 8:57 am