Let’s vote! Who loves this election inspired little man party as much as I do!? To celebrate Jack’s first birthday, Emily and Amelia of Let’s Geaux Party rallied for a Vintage Vote for the Little Man Party! With custom election posters, all american eats and patriotic decor at this political bash, the guests No. 1 choice was sure to be the “Little Man Jack!”
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Red Republican Donkey and Blue Democrat Elephant Cupcakes
– Vintage election posters, picket yard sign & canvas painted backdrop
– Homemade (star crusted!) apple pies in mason jars with vintage American labels
– Button invitation for guests to wear in “Support of their No. 1 Candidate”
– Patriotic smash cake with an adorable red, white & blue elephant topper!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Emily…
Our client wanted to do a “Little Man” theme to celebrate her son Jack’s first birthday. We wanted to take this theme and put a unique spin on it. Since the party was scheduled for the Saturday before election day we decided to go for a vintage election theme and make “Vote for the Little Man, Your No. 1 Choice” our theme.
The invitations were a 3 inch political button attached to a round invitation. Guests were asked to wear their button in “Support of their No. 1 Candidate”. The buttons featured a picture of Jack wearing a political skimmer hat. The same photo was also used on vintage election posters and yard signs that decorated the party area.
FOOD & DRINK
At the party, guests dined on fried chicken, chicken tenders, mac n cheese and biscuits. To quench their thirst, guests were served bottled root beer with a custom label with the slogan “Root for the Little Man”. For dessert home made apple pies in jars served fresh from the oven with hand stamped wooden spoons were a hit! Cupcakes topped with elephant and donkey fondant toppers from Edible Details were also served. The dessert table also featured a hand painted canvas to match the vintage election decor. The birthday boy was treated to his own patriotic smash cake topped with a custom elephant topper holding a “1” and wearing a Uncle Sam style hat. Guests were sent home with sugar cookies baked by the residents of Holy Angels, a local training facility serving intellectual and developmentally disabled residents.
Decor consisted of white linen tablecloths, topped with blue overlays and individual settings of coloring pages, crayons and skimmer hats for each guest. White mums added a perfect fall touch with red and white daisies on either side and flags waving proudly. Vintage election posters were nailed to trees and hung around the event and balloons are always required! This time we found red and blue balloons with white stars – but we also took clear balloons and stuffed them with star confetti before inflating them.
The Bayou Choo Choo train thrilled the children with rides on the beautiful Saturday morning. Other activities for the children were patriotic coloring sheets and a jump house.
The “Little Man” was voted the No. 1 candidate by a landslide and everyone on both sides of the aisle had a great time congratulating him!
– Concept, paper design, styling, hand painted canvas backdrop, apple pies: Let’s Geaux Party
– Photography: Megan Carrigee Photography and Let’s Geaux Party
– Invitation “Little Man” button: Busy Beaver Buttons
– Smash cake: Aly B’s Bakery
– Fondant elephant cake topper & cupcake toppers: Edible Details
– Cupcakes: Sam’s
– Sugar cookie favors: Holy Angels
– Fried chicken, tenders and biscuits: Popeyes
– Mac and Cheese: Eastridge Country Club
– Ride on children’s train: Bayou Choo-Choo
– Rentals: AAA Rental Gallery