This Whimsical Under the Sea Baby Shower truly looks like a ‘Whale of a good time!’ With celebrity baby name match-up, adorable mini soap favors and cute sea creature onesies. Jen of Woolston + Grace Weddings dreamed up a gorgeous, outdoor gender neutral shower with precious details and adorable party signs doubling as sweet nursery decor!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Adorable whale cake topper spouting beads of water
– Stunning watercolor invitation set tied in pink twine
– Paper ‘mamma and baby whale’ straw toppers + glass jar drinks for “Sweet Baby Woolston”
– “Dear Baby” note cards and bingo!
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jen…
“Under the Sea” Baby Shower. We kept it gender neutral as the mom-to-be did not find out before hand if baby was a boy or a girl. The baby shower was hosted at the home of a family that that the mom-to-be babysat for while she was in grad school.
– Decor: Hydrangeas picked from the homes’ gardens filled the vases, colorful linens/chairs/plates rented from Party Corner, onesies hanging on clothesline from weddingchicks and etsy shop, TheJetty, and a framed whale print from Society 6.
– Food and Drink: Catered by D’Jeet? Catering, special homemade punch made for bottles, cake custom made by Cups & Cakes.
– Invitations: Custom for the event and created by Meghan Hopkins Sokorai of And Here We Are
– Favors: Mini whale soaps, purchased on etsy from SoapFavor
– Activities: “Dear Baby” cards for guests to fill out, BINGO, Celebrity Baby Name Match Up
– DIY Projects: The glass bottles used for drinks were Starbucks Frappuccino bottles that were emptied and cleaned and new “Sweet baby Woolston” stickers were added. Tissue paper poofs, tissue paper garland, & the games were also DIY.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Photographer: Kate Connolly
– Event styling: Woolston + Grace Weddings
– Invitations: And Here We Are
– Bakery: Cups & Cakes
– Straws & 36″ Balloons: Shop Sweet Lulu
– Baby Onsies: weddingchicks, TheJetty
– Whale Print: Society 6
– Whale Soap Favors: SoapFavor