I did a baking/gifting project a couple days before Thanksgiving this year, but it’s actually super yummy for ANY time of year – especially if you’re a fan of sweet-and-gooey, peanut buttery goodness like me. ;)
So if you’re looking for a decadent dessert to serve at your holiday party or bring to a cookie exchange… or maybe you just want something fun to bake… these Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are sure to be a hit! You can also swap out the Reese’s Pieces for peanut butter and white chocolate chips if you’re looking for a more winter holiday-ish look. Added bonus: FREE printable gift tags for you!
P.S. This is what my view from above looked like while I was making these cookie bars. ;)
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE BARS
recipe via Karo | (yields 24)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
– 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 cup old-fashioned OR quick oats (not instant)
– 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup butter OR margarine, softened
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon 100% Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
– 1-1/3 cups candy-coated peanut butter pieces OR peanut butter chips OR chocolate chips (or a combination)
– 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
– 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix flour, oats, brown sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add butter, peanut butter, egg and vanilla; mix at medium speed of electric mixer until blended. Stir in candy-coated peanut butter pieces. Reserve 1-1/2 cups dough for topping.
3. Spread remaining dough into bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
4. Bake 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven; pour sweetened condensed milk and corn syrup evenly over hot crust.
5. Drop small pieces of reserved dough over milk mixture.
6. Return to oven. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until light golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars when cool.
FREE PRINTABLE GIFT LABEL