Loralee Lewis and her daughters adore the enchanted Nutcracker play, so she whipped up this dreamy Sugar Plum Shoppe inspired by the ballet! Pink satin ribbons and ornate pastel signs paired with oversized ‘sugar plum’ desserts displayed in frosty window panes make me want to share this magical story with my own daughters. :)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Beautiful vintage cabinet with frosted windows filled with pastel frosted cakes and holiday treats
– “Dance and Dream” party flags for pretty pink juice + chocolate mouse truffles!
– ‘DREAM’ doily and ribbon garland with pink feathered ballerina shoes
– Silver-glittered pink ballerina ornaments as party favors
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Loralee…
This time of year, ballerinas across the globe put on their Nutcracker outfits and dance in the most popular ballet ever written. It is a magical event, and a tradition for thousands of families and little children each holiday season. Loralee and her daughter’s adore the Nutcracker. In homage to this special tradition, Loralee designed this magical collection to complement the event.
We used a wintery white and pastel color theme that complemented the ballet, and stuck with oversized treats: big fluffy marshmallows, cakes, oversized pink candy canes, dressed-up cupcakes and cotton candy. We incorporated a lot of ribbon into the cupcake toppers, buffet signs, and the jars. We used a “Sugar Plum Shoppe” theme for the labels, stickers and treats, and as a final touch included the beautiful chocolate mouse truffles. It was so much fun and so magical for the girls.
– Styling, Paper, Labels, Cake Stands, Signage, Banners, Straws, Toppers, Jars, Daisy Lids: Loralee Lewis
– Cakes & Cupcakes: Apothecakery
– Photography: Blind Eye Photography
– Mouse Chocolate Truffles: Moonstruck Chocolate Co.
– Nutcrackers, Tree, Ornaments and Trifles: Hobby Lobby
– Pantaloons: Sandra Lee Anderson