Normally my mouth is watering for all things sweet on a dessert table… but these cheeses, crackers and french rolls have me excited for savory treats this time! Melanie wanted to formally thank all her friends and family in supporting her company, All The Frills, so she threw a Rustic Cheese Tasting and invited them all! (This would be perfect for a casual New Year’s Eve Party or a fun Adult Birthday Party!)
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Rosemary trees in glass vases wrapped with paper and burlap
– Waffle crackers stacked in glass jars
– “Enjoy” banner drawn on a black chalkboard backdrop
– Chic black food labels for the creamy white & yellow cheese selection
– Wooden boards add a rustic touch to the sophisticated black and white color scheme
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Melanie…
Wine and cheese afternoon with close friends, featuring a Styled Dessert Cheese Table. I have very special friends and family, who have gone beyond the call of duty supporting ‘All the Frills’. To say thanks I thought I would host a relaxing evening tasting beautiful wines and a selection of cheese.
I love the concept of the cheese table, so I thought this was a perfect opportunity to give it a go. The cheese table concept fit’s in with so many events from weddings to birthdays and the best thing about a cheese table, once it’s set up the host can just sit back and relax while guests graze for hours.
The look and feel; Chalkboard backdrop creates a stylish and contrasting backdrop for this rustic yet chic look and feel, backdrop was drawn by Melanie from All The Frills with the artwork to reflect gratitude to friends and family for all the love and support they have given. I had a lot of fun prior to the event at the local food market tasting and selecting the right cheese selection. Working with the color palette of the neutrals of the cheese, crackers and bread I added honeycomb, pears and wooden boards for a pop of rustic orange. The last thing I added was the rosemary and this brought the table to life.
– DIY elements: Chalkboard backdrop, made from gator board and painted with chalkboard paint. Paint dipped cheese knives etc.
It makes me hungry just thinking about it, can’t wait to do this again.
– Food, Styling & Photography: All The Frills