Erin of Erin Hession Photography “fetched” a group together to help create this “Doggone Cute” 50th Surprise Birthday Party to honor her Aunt Mary (owner of an upscale dog retreat & proud mommy of 2 loving Greyhounds)! Look out for the ”Snicker Poodle” cookies, “Pupcakes” and more tail-wagging treats on the doggy dessert buffet!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Dog collar, dog bone & tennis ball centerpieces + dog bone folded napkins
– Four-Tier birthday cake with dog house photo frame topper
– Greyhound ice sculpture with “Sit” in vinyl stickers on the window
– “Bailey’s Irish Setter” specialty cocktail from the “Water Bowl” bar
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Erin…
Over the summer, my family and I were quietly scheming to create the perfect 50th birthday surprise party for my aunt Mary. We knew that we wanted to incorporate dog elements, especially featuring her own two dogs, her greyhounds! Finally, all of our planning and hard work paid off. We held the event at D’Amore in downtown Indianapolis, which has one of the best views of the city!
The best part of the event was the doggy treats. We had a doggy dessert buffet and a candy buffet so that guests can take home treats for themselves and their four-legged friends.
The guests continued to enjoy the best parts of the evening, which included Vermont white cheddar cheese and bacon pan-fried sandwiches with tomato soup, mozzarella en carrozza with caper mayonnaise, pasta-tinis, a steak and potato station as well as a mini pizza station.
The treats didn’t stop there. We designed a four-tier cake featuring a dog house topper with a photo of aunt Mary and her two pups on top! We even created a signature drink for the evening called “Bailey’s Irish Setter,” complete with a dog bone martini glass.
And of course, the most magical moment arrived when it came time for aunt Mary’s surprise. As soon as the elevator doors opened, everyone began to sing happy birthday at her arrival. She was so surprised and pleased to see so many of her friends and family!
– Photography: Erin Hession Photography
– Design, menu cards, centerpieces & napkins: Setting the Mood & A Touch of Elegance
– Invitations: April Foster Events
– Ice sculpture: Indiana Ice Studio
– Dog treats: Three Dog Bakery, Izzy’s Place
– Cake: Classic Cakes
– Cupcakes: Holy Cow, Cupcakes
– Catering: Thomas Caterers
– Videography: Indyvisual
– Photobooth: Strike a Pose
– Music: DJ’s Direct